Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMare Guest

Default Like to introduce myself

Hello, after causing all the trouble with the cloth diaper users, I wasn’t sure if I should introduce myself or if it was safer to be left anonymous :)

I’ve been a lurker for months now and feel it’s rude of me not to introduce myself since I feel I know you all and your babies so well.

My name is Mare. I’m 30 years old DH is 32. We live in NYC. I’m currently an unemployed executive assistant. I’ve decided to take some time off from work to de-stress and hopefully conceive our first child – which we are eagarly awaiting.

Rather than stress over the monthly conceiving challenges and the associated medical mumbo jumbo, I’ve decided to focus my attention to baby related items. Or as I call it “happy thoughts”.

After witnessing a pregnant girlfriend zap any random “pretty” stroller to put on her registry and asking another girlfriend which stroller she was considering and hearing her respond “I want anything that comes with a carseat”. I thought it was best to begin investigating baby products now since I research everything and anything to no end.

In some sense I feel “wrong” to be here and post since I’m currently “not with peanut”, but on the other hand I‘m so excited that I discovered all this now rather than later.

I’ve learned so much valuable information from you ladies and I can’t wait to “officially” join you.

I also have to add that I’m a big fan of egoldber, rachels, jojo, mama2be, annalisa and nohomama. Just to name a few. They seem like the pros around here :)

Thanks to Anna Lisa’s directions, I have now started shopping in Paramus, NJ. DH is not pleased that I have discovered this shopping mecca! I’ve hit all your hot spots and hope to bump into you at Value City one of these days!

Also, I can totally relate to Annette. I’m American Italian and my husband was born in Italy and all my in-laws are Italian. I enjoyed your bio and holiday stories. Mine are quite the same!

Hope you all forgive me for the ruckus! Promise I won’t do anything without asking!

blnony Guest

Default RE: Like to introduce myself

Mare-
    I'm glad you finally joined us. Don't worry about the Cloth Diaper board, in the end it will all be fine.
    I hope you have success soon with the peanut. Its never to early to start researching baby stuff, its better to be prepared, and there are so many choices that it can be mind boggling.
    Again, welcome.

Annette_C Guest

Welcome Mare!
    So smart of you to do all the research and work ahead of time (now, when you have the chance 'cause you won't later! LOL).
    Don't worry about the CD thing, everyone knows you meant well and things are easily resolved here.:)
    So, you're a "paesana"?:) Are you getting ready for Easter? I already bought all my ingredients for pizza chiena, rice/ricotta pies, sweet breads, etc. You mentioned your holidays are the same as mine so I'm assuming there will be plenty of baking going on next week at your house also!:)
    I'm really glad you joined us and I wish you the best of luck conceiving! Keep us posted!!
    Annette
    SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JustMare Guest

Thanks for the welcome Brianna and Annette.

Si, paesana! :) Mi chiama Mariela. My DH calls me his american wife because I'm fourth generation and he's first. He cooks all the italian dinners like chicken marsala, veal picatta, lobster fri diablo, etc.. I do the american meals like roast beef, pot roast, hamburgers, etc...

Palm Sunday we go to my mom's house, Easter Sunday his mom's. Thanksgiving (an american holiday) I cook, Christmas Eve DH cooks.

His mom makes the best homemade manicota for Easter. My mom (who makes better sauce) purchases her manicota frozen at Costco and secretly tells my DH she made them. It's hysterical. In an italian household it's all about the food. You don't ask "would you like to come over Saturday", you say "I'm making gravy and gnocchi are you coming over?"

My Nonna makes the pizza chinia and the ricotta pie.

Small world!

nathansmom Guest

Hello and welcome to the boards. Good luck ttc, I hope it doesn't take as long as it did for me. I lurked on this board for well over a year before I joined. I also collected tons of baby stuff during my ttc period. In fact at my baby shower I mostly recieved gift cards cause everyone was afraid to buy something I might have already purchased.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Welcome!! Please don't feel bad about the CD board thing, it'll all work out! (Although to be honest, I was mainly surprised that the Fields were so quick to change the structure of a board that has been in existence for many years overnight without soliciting more broad user feedback.)

I really wish I had done more research before buying some baby products. I was a "little" better than your friends who registered for the pretty stroller, but not much!

And remember to save some shopping for after the baby is born! There is not much that is more fun than shopping for an outfit for your actual little bundle of joy!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

parkersmama Guest

Glad to have you with us! Your family and holidays sound like so much fun! We have a big family and lots of tradition but have been in America forever as far as I can tell. :-) One of my anscestors is portrayed in the Minuteman statue in Concord, MA! When dh & I visited Ellis Island we actually felt a little jealous that we couldn't claim any relatives that came through there. LOL! Silly. Anyway, your huge Italian family and all the food sound wonderful to me!

Here's hoping that your relaxing and preparation for baby will all be paying off very soon!

mama2be Guest

Mare,

I am so happy that you have come to join us!!! You will be a true asset to the boards and the community that is established here. I look so forward to cheering you on over the next months you sound like you will be a fantastic mommy!!! Like I said before you are at such an advantage coming to the boards while TTC you'll be pro!!!

Hugs,

jojo2324 Guest

Hi Mare!!

First of all, stop beating yourself up about the CD forum! I thought it was a great idea, because Layette was just being *engulfed* by CD posts. But I am wondering if forums can only be added at the bottom of the page, and that's why they haven't put the CD forum up by the Layette...

Yum, I am reading all about your cooking and getting quite hungry/jealous thinking of all that food! My DH is a chef, as is my mother. (She lives in NYC, has worked at Goldman Sachs, Sony, Windows on the World, and now at NYU.) Thanks to Annette and Mamahill, I have aquired a small arsenal of recipes. I am making my way up the culinary ladder. :)

And honey, I am chuckling at the thought that I am at all a pro at this mothering business. I am always saying that it's just a string of winging-its...But thanks! :D

Here's to "happy thoughts" and a little baby soon to be on the way! Thanks for introducing yourself, and I can't wait to learn more about you! :)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hi,Mare! Welcome! I agree with everybody-- don't worry about the CD thing. Yours was a reasonable suggestion. Let's just consider it a work in progress! We're all glad to have you here and looking forward to cheering you on through the TTC process, pregnancy, and the birth of your little one!

Thanks for your sweet compliment, too.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast