Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mamahill Guest

Default RE: A current taker who is really working on giving/my bio

Ainsleigh is Welsh and Scottish, and is usually spelled Ainsley, but since Leigh is a family name, we spelled it like that. Her middle name is Fiona for my Grandma, so she has a pretty Celtic name :). And yes, we like those names as well, partly for heritage reasons, partly just because we do! Other girls' names on our list: Bronwyn, Rhiannon, Gemma, Reese.

You were named after the discharge nurse? LOL that's great! I totally loved my nurses!

pilldoc Guest

Hi Cheryl,
    I read your bio and instantly felt we have shared/will share many of the same experiences. My DH also is a resident. He will be starting his last (yeah!) year of Surgery here in Savannah, GA. I understand the frustration that you must at time feel when DH is on call and both mom and Liam dearly need him home.
    I am originally from Raleigh, NC and went to school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I am a clinical pharmacist at the same hospital that my DH works at. I love my job and have always been career driven, but I am looking forward to a shift in my priorities! I plan to work up until my due date (I'll be delivering at the hospital that I work at-pretty convenient :) ) I plan to return to work part time after Avery is born but finding child-care that I am comfortable with has proven to be a daunting task. The child-care places that have been recomended by friends and co-workers have a 12-16 mo wait list!!!
    Congratulations on your son Liam! I am expecting our first child (a daughter)July 23rd! I was inspired to hear that your DH had 1 week off after Liam was born. As of yet, I have heard no inkling that my DH will have any time off. Did you have family come down from Maine to help you after your DH had to go back to work?
    I am so looking forward to the experience of motherhood. It is however new uncharted territory. I too have found this forum to answer tons of my inexperienced motherhood questions. Hopefully I can give back when I know a little more. Keep in touch. It is nice to know that there are others sharing similiar experiences
    ronda

Hi Ronda!
    Thanks for responding and it is so nice to meet you. WOW congratulations to you and your husband on surviving the long road of a surgical residency (7years?). That is incredible and to cap it off with the birth of your first child is wonderful. I will keep you in my thoughts when July 23rd rolls around--enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy! (I so loved being pregnant! :) )

To answer your question: yes i had family come down to help, but it wasn't after a month of being alone with Liam. At that point it was very difficult for me--I couldn't be alone with him and that frightened me. But after my mom and my brother and his wife came down for a few days it got better and allowed me to recharge. Fortunately my Dh was on a more lax rotation so he was able to be home fairly early every night to help me too. How about you? Will you have other family with you? I hope your DH can get adequate time off--hopefully your Dh's department is more family friendly!

It was good to hear from you and yes it is nice to see that others share similar experiences. Good luck with the daycare situation and your transition into motherhood. It is definately an exciting time.
    Take care and please keep me posted!
    Cheryl :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2