wow! scheherazade "zazi' is finally here and i cannot get enough of holding her and looking at her and loving her!

labor started off great then by luck of the draw, i got an, um, unsupportive (i'm being generous here) nurse, and delivery got unnecessarily complicated and stressful for all of us. (it got so bad, my uncle, who is sort of my surrogate parent & was there for support, immediately called my aunt and apologized for not being there for my cousins' births, LOL.)

DH has completely overwhelmed us with amazing daddyhood. As a coming home gift, he whisked us off straight from the hospital to a night in a serene hotel with fireplace and private terrace for relaxing and recuperating. i flipped out about the extravagance, but he was absolutely right that it was priceless -- it helped me let go of the frustations about the birth experience, and I will never forget that our first night was spent by firelight, and nursing outside with flowers in bloom and hummingbirds and squirrels visiting. meanwhile, our place was being cleaned for a tidy homecoming.

we are so enchanted by her -- she is so good, and strong, and funny! she cries laaa laaa, instead of wahhh! we feel like the luckiest and happiest people in the world.

i'm sending happy labor vibes to all who are coming up next! many blessings to all!