Thread: An introduction

Vajrastorm Guest

Default An introduction

I've been posting here and there for a few weeks, so I figured I might as well introduce myself.

I'm a devoted fan of the BB books and had been to the website quite a few times before I realized there was a forum. I have to say, I have really enjoyed the information and personalities I've found here!

My name is Andrie and I am 28 years old and pregnant with my first - EDD October 5th. We had an u/s but "lump" was shy and so we've decided to allow the little one to keep his/her gender a mystery until birth. I need to come up with a new nickname - Lump seemed appropriate in the early weeks and months, but he/she is definately more of a little person now than a lump ;)

My husband and I live in Southern California, and have 3 cats and 2 dogs. I'm practicing my SAHM skills on my animals. :7

mharling Guest

Default RE: An introduction

Welcome!!! I think Lump is a great nickname! Our ds was Shrimp in utero, because at one point the pregnancy calendar said the fetus resembled a shrimp in shape and size.

Mary
    Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b33928e40550

atlbaby Guest

Welcome Andrie!

I am also expecting in October, though probably around the end of the month. The same thing that happened at our U/Ss when we try to find out the sex of the baby! We've tried twice already and its cord is between its legs each time! We didn't want to find out with our daughter, but now I really want to know!:)

I think Lump is a great name! It's better than my creative endeavors--"Baby #2"!

Hope you're feeling great!:)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    #2:) EDD 10/24/03

mama2be Guest

Andrea and Lump and all of the critters...welcome to the boards!!! I look forward to getting to know you over the next several months...I have a huge "S" tatooed on my forhead for animals needing homes...can I assume the same of you??? I'm in reverse 3 dogs 2 cats :)...

mamahill Guest

Welcome Andrie, Lump, and all the animals! Here's to loads of fun ahead. Happy pregnancy!

Hello! These boards are great, aren't they? Love the name, "Lump"! "Shrimp" is pretty darn cute too! I think we just called DD "It" in utero! :7hehehe

Welcome! And congratulations on your upcoming arrival.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Welcome! How clever of you all to have nicknames! We just referred to her as "the baby" or "she". How dull are we? :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Welcome Andrie!

Beth -- We attempted nicknames, but never could really get the hang of it and usually referred to the baby as s/he or the baby too. :)
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss