Thread: Hello...finally

Mom2Miri Guest

Default Hello...finally

Hi Everyone,

I'm inspired by all of the other long time lurkers introducing themselves to finally say hello. I am also a shy/private person and typically wary of posting on message boards. But I've been reading this board for the past 6 months and really enjoy the warm and supportive atmosphere.

I'm a SAHM to Mirielle Halina 2/25/03 and used to be an engineering professor in my former life. My DH and I are transplanted midwesterners. We currently live in Silicon Valley with our 12 year old Siberian Husky.

It's nice to meet all of you :)

Helen
    Mom to Mirielle 2/25/03
    Helen
    Mom to Mirielle 2/25/03

Default RE: Hello...finally

Hello! It's nice to "de-lurk", isn't it :)? I have gotten so much support and info from these boards. Truly is a wonderful resource. Welcome aboard!

liya Guest

thanks for de lurking...its great to meet ya...i look foward to seeing picks of your little one soon since shes only 12 days younger than Arian.....we have a great group here i know youll love it..

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

mharling Guest

Welcome and thanks for the intro! Look forward to having you and Mirielle (beautiful name, btw) on the boards!

Mary
    Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b33928e40550

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Welcome! And congratulations on your new baby!

DH and I moved from Silicon Valley to the DC area just before our DD was born. We lived in San Jose (Almaden Valley) and had also rented places in Sunnyvale and Milpitas before that.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hi Helen,

I used to be a transplanted Midwesterner living in Silicon Valley as well before we decided to head back to Chicago in September of last year.

Welcome!

Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss