Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sugarsnappea Guest

Default My Bio- finally!

Hello, I am also a long time lurker who recently came out of the shadows. I am normally a private/shy person. However, I have been around this forum since Summer 2000 and know so much about some of you. I feel it is only fair to introduce myself

I am a SAHM to Julia Grace 6-23-01. I live in SE Michigan. Previously, I obtained a Culinary Degree and a BS/Business. I apprenticed for many Chefs and worked in various restaurants and country clubs. After getting pregnant, I gave up the 90 hour work weeks. After my daughter turned 1, I started my own Private Chef/Catering business. I prepare gourmet, dinner/brunch parties in client's homes on the weekends. I love my job and being my own boss. I am starting my MBA this month, very part-time (one class a semester) and am nervous. We recently moved back to MI (home) to be closer to family.

My DH is a Tax Attorney in Detroit. We are expecting our 2nd child in January 2004. Our daughter will be 2 this month and we have a black lab (our first baby) who is turning 9!

This is such an informative and supportive board. I love it!
    Thanks for letting me share.

Deb :)

mama2be Guest

Default Welcome Deb

Great to meet you...sounds like you have a fun and exciting life :)...I'm glad you finally introduced yourself!!!

Default RE: My Bio- finally!

Welcome! Love your username!

sweetbasil Guest

So nice to meet you, and congratulations on expecting your second little sweetie! Can't wait to get to know you better :)

Congrats on your new one to come and I love the name Julia Grace (sounds soooo pretty).

My dads whole side of the family lives in Michigan in Hastings, its by Grand Rapids. I love Michigan, I have so many great memories of going up there when I was young. DH loves Meijers, which I guess is only in that area, definitely not down here in the south.

I can't wait to hear more from you!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

liya Guest

mmmmm yummy....gets me hungry...nice of you to de lurk....im starting my jd/mba in july i know whart you mean about being nervous...ive got the jitters already, specialy when i look at the cost per credit....lol :) thats enough to scare the jitters of anyone..YIKES!!! Good luck with the pregnancy......

Nice to "meet" you officially. I'm glad that you came out of the shadows. :)
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Welcome and congrats on the little one on the way!

My in-laws live outside Detroit in West Bloomfield.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Vajrastorm Guest

Wow, you did wait a long time to introduce yourself!

:D

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hi Deb,

Welcome to posting! I hope you'll share some of your chef's tips with us.

Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast