Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    newbelly2002 Guest

Default RE: Shannon delivered her little boy this morning!!

Shannon,

Here's to the end of one long journey, and the beginning of another!!
    I'm so happy to hear that Jack made his entrance into the world and that you and he are both healthy and happy. I can't wait to hear the details, but take the time (not that you wouldn't anyway!) to revel in each other. It goes so very very fast.

love to all involved,
    Paula, Mama to Dante 8/1/02
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b339c8d20516

atlbaby Guest

Congratulations Shannon and Chip, and welcome Jack!!! Can't wait to hear the whole birth story--including the eggplant parmesean!:)

Thanks for bringing us the news, Heather!

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    #2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

Congratulations, Shannon and Chip, and welcome to the world, Jack. You have been greatly anticipated and we're looking forward to seeing your first pictures.

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congrats Shannon and Chip. Welcome baby Jack. We can not wait see pictures.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Am briefly out of the house to check email and pick up some books at the library. We've had a good time since we've been home, though I am still pretty tired -- Jack has decided that he likes co-sleeping, so despite the fancy cradle and daddy's reluctance, I've ended up bringing him into bed each night. He also is a very sleepy eater, so though he is ravenous when he starts, he falls asleep within a minute and we spend the whole time blowing on him, sticking cold fingers in his armpit, and singing my made-up song which basically goes "wake up, wake up, wake up."

Otherwise, he is perfect. I was holding him last night with Chip asleep next to me and he was looking straight at me and he was so beautiful, I was just overwhelmed and started crying. I never knew how much I could love someone I just met.

Oh, the eggplant? Basically, I had a tough day at work, went to the OB and my blood pressure was up and I must have looked miserable. The OB stripped my membranes a little, and I told Chip that this was the night -- by tomorrow we were going to have a baby. I had told hime about the eggplant parmigiana recipe for that restaurant in Georgia -- he ended up making up his own which was delicious. We ate the whole thing (in retrospect, a mistake, as I threw it up all night long during labor.) He had also picked up castor oil, and since I could have benefitted from the laxative effects anyway, drank 2 teaspoons in a little milk with Hershey's -- couldn't even taste it and I can never take liquid meds, so that's saying something. I had already started having contractions which grew much more intense that night. Dilated QUICKLY to 8 cm (3 in the office, 5 at the hospital, 8 1 hour later) then slowly to 9 and 10. Had a lip of cervix that wouldn't dilate away and learned the meaning of overwhelming urge to push (I was like a psychotic - "I must push! I'm pushing! I can't help it!") Didn't take long, had a small tear, but made it through with no epidural and a few doses of fentanyl (love that stuff.) Sobbed when he came out. Was immediately a calm and normal person after it was all over. Fell in love with my husband all over when I saw him hold Jack for the first time.

Whew, I have to go. We have digital pics, which I will try to find a way to load. I love all of you for being so supportive all the way through and especially now! I was so glad Heather could let you know -- we will be getting internet at home VERY soon!

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

sweetbasil Guest

I'm just on the verge of tears here- you just sound so happy, and in love with both of your boys, and I couldn't be happier for you three! Congratulations again, Shannon!

Big hugs,

mamahill Guest

I've been away, so I didn't see this until now, but CONGRATULATIONS SHANNON! Fantastic news! I've been thinking about you and hoping you were doing well - apparently so! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, lots of sleep, and more love than you could ever have imagined! Can't wait to see Jack!

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yay! Thanks for sharing her news.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4