Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    heva Guest

Default Shannon delivered her little boy this morning!!

I'm so delighted to share that Shannon (sntm) is a new mommy!! I know many of you have been following along with Shannon's journey from before the conception, so you will be very happy to know that she, Chip and Jack are all doing very well.

I just happened to be at the hospital this morning for an ultrasound when Shannon paged me and said, "You'll never guess where I am..." I asked her if she was in labor (in retrospect, she sounded WAY too happy to be in labor - duh!) and she said, "No! Jack was born at 7:34 this morning!!" Since we were already there, DH and I were able to just take the elevator up to the maternity ward and had the honor of being Jack's first visitors. He is so cute - looks like his daddy! I regret we didn't have a camera. Shannon looks just wonderful - and we're all so happy that she no longer has to stand in the OR for 7 hours at a time. Now her real job begins...

I'll leave the rest of the story (which includes eggplant parmesean, castor oil in milk, and a relatively short and uncomplicated labor) up to Shannon when she's able to get back on line...but in the meantime, here are his stats:

John Sebastian McElearney
    Born June 6, 2003 (Shannon's EDD, although her OB said 6/9/03) @ 7:34am
    Weight: 7 lbs., 7 oz.
    Head: 13.5"
    Chest: 13"
    Length: 21"

Yipee!
    (edited to add birthweight...)

Default RE: Shannon delivered her little boy this morning!!

Hooray for Shannon! I'm so happy for you and your family. Welcome to the world John!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow! Congratulations Shannon and Chip. And welcome to Jack. I'm so thrilled for you :)

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

sweetbasil Guest

YEA! I'm so happy for all three of them, can't wait to hear the details, and see a picture of that sweet little boy! Thanks for the news, Heather :)

heva Guest

My pleasure!! If any of you would like me to convey anything to Shannon in person (like hugs), please let me know. I'll print out your responses and give them to her at some point this weekend, since she's unable to get to a computer :)

celfsh Guest

Hooray--that's great news! Thanks for sharing--can't wait to hear the rest of the story from Shannon!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02
    http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

mama2be Guest

Default What fantastic news!!!!

So glad to hear that the family is doing well...she sounds like she did a super job!!!!

We have all been awaiting Jack's arrival...this is the first pregnancy I've "seen" on the boards from announcement to delivery!!!!
    Awesome news,
    thanks so much for sharing with us!!!

jojo2324 Guest

Yeah!!! Welcome Jack!! Wow, I had started to wonder about Shannon and how she was doing, but I certainly didn't think that Jack would be so prompt! :)

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hurray! Congratulations Shannon and Chip! I LOVE your baby's name - Tom's middle name is Jack!!!

:)

nohomama Guest

Excellent news! Send my congratulations her way. How much did Jack weigh?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast