Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: A joyful surprise! Anyone with 2 under 2?!

Congrats!!!

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

twins r fun Guest

Congrats on your little surprise! I am sure your two little ones will have a blast growing up together. I have two under two, but my situation is a little different so I'm not much help with your questions. But I think it is definitely a situation where you figure out how to manage whatever you have and to make it sane and enjoyable. People think twins is crazy, I think triplets is (or twins and an older one), and I'm sure they think quadruplets is! You will make it work for you. I can understand your concerns about your DD, though. I often feel bad for my boys in that they miss out on so much (I could give you quite a list) by not being a singleton. But then I think about all the benefits now and later that they would miss out on if they were an only or had siblings spaced far apart (again I could give you quite a list). It all balances out! I wish you the best with your preganancy and your transition to a two child family.

Congratulations!
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

celfsh Guest

No advice here--just wanted to say congrats and good luck! What a wonderful surprise! I'm sure everything will work out great! Keep us posted..

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02
    http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

mamahill Guest

Congratulations! Wonderful news - best wishes for a fantastic pregnancy:)!

akc Guest

Hi all -

Thank you so much for making me feel confident that I can handle this! I feel so guilty b/c I know that I've been blessed...just a little sooner than predicted. It just requires some replanning - and, I'm sure we'll be able to get through it. You'll probably see me on and around the boards more actively now! I have to confess that I've been a little excited to look at cribs and do another nursery. Neve (above) knows that I love to design nurseries! I went out and got the new edition of BB b/c I needed the new info - it's amazing how much it changes in just a year!

By the way, is there a spot/separate conference for 2nd time Moms? There should be! It's such a different game this time around. EDITED: I just took the bull by the horns and added a post in the "Suggestions" area that they add a category, "2nd time around or more" for Mom's with more than one. If you like the idea, you could probably add reply! If not, I'll just have to figure out how to do keep finding y'all!

Thanks again - hugs to you all!
    Alexa

jojo2324 Guest

Congrats Alexa!

Congrats Alexa! You're going to do just fine. My brother and I are 20 months apart and my mother says we were wonderful with each other. He loved to feed me (which is why, at three months, I had an ice cream cone smashed in my face...) and 'hold' me (sitting in this huge chair surrounded by pillows...), and we were relatively close growing up. My mother put him in a toddler bed when I was out of the bassinet (around three months), but would have preferred keeping him in a crib a little longer. If you have a bassinet, I would use that for as long as possible before moving to the crib, if you're not getting a second one. I'm sure Maeve will love getting a big girl bed, though!

Jennifer
    Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow! Congrats, Alexa! I don't think you need to do anything to quickly get over your sadness about Maeve's sudden big-sister status, either. With any change comes loss, and it's okay to grieve that. There's no rush. You will be in love and delighted with your new baby and it will in no way diminish your love for your first! Soak up this time with Maeve. You'll all have room to expand your family when the new baby arrives.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2