Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default New boards and new member!

Since today there is so much that is new here, I thought what a perfect time to introduce myself.

I have been lurking and learning for some time and have enjoyed both the BB boards and the book.

My husband and I are expecting our first baby October 28th and are really starting to get geared up for his/her arrival. One of my dear friends is due one week after me so we’ve had a lot of fun baby-prepping together, and BB has become an indispensable resource for us both.

In the meantime, I am a graduate student studying political science in Santa Barbara and am "working" on my dissertation. I have found baby—and you all--to be a big, albeit welcomed, distraction from my writing! Political science probably sounds boring, and honestly some of it is. However, I study political socialization of younger people (kids) and environmental politics, which I think are quite fun. Ironically, we have just started to consider cloth diapering and, as a result, I have been spending a lot of my time in that forum.

Hopefully I’ll be able to provide some of my own ideas and offer what I can to the dilemmas you all encounter.

Looking forward to seeing you around the board!
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

amp Guest

Default RE: New boards and new member!

Congrats! And welcome to the boards!

Hi! It's nice coming out of lurkdom, isn't it :)?

I find these Boards a great break during the day -- it's like calling your friend to say hi when your brain needs to switch gears for a little while! Educational too!

Welcome and best of luck with your studies and thesis!

mamahill Guest

Congrats on your imminent graduation to motherhood, and your dissertation! Glad you came out of lurkdom - we really are quite nice :).

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Welcome!!!! I've done the dissertation thing, too, and I know how it feels to have a welcome distraction! But write while you have the time, if you can bear to. :) Glad you're here!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

Welcome Juliet! Looking forward to having you on the boards as a poster. Hope your pregnancy is going great!
    Mom to R and R

Welcome. I'm glad you decided to delurk. :D Congratulations on your upcoming arrival.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It does feel good to come out of lurkdom. Some of my friends are so suprised when I tell them I am at times shy. I was telling Rob, my husband, that to post for the first time is like going to a cocktail party when you don't know anyone. Usually, a cocktail helps in such situations, but, for obvious reasons, those have been absent from my diet!

Thanks again for welcoming me.

Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

mharling Guest

Welcome, good luck on your dissertation and congratulations on your soon-to-be new arrival!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03\r\nhttp://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18\r\n

Hi!!! Welcome to the boards! I look forward to getting to "know" you!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast