Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    atlbaby Guest

Default Introducing Daliya Samantha!!!

Thanks so much to Julie for posting for me last week! And thanks everyone for the congratulations! We named Daliya (pronounced Dahl-ya) in synagogue this past Saturday, and it was really beautiful. The 70+ degree temperature that day helped too!:)

Thankfully, I had a much much easier delivery than I did with Arielle. It was still back labor, but as opposed to 18+ hours in the hospital, Daliya's delivery lasted only 5 hours, and I only pushed once! I am so incredibly greatful for that, after a really difficult pregnancy. It's funny, when you compare the pictures of me
    holding Arielle for the first time with new ones, the only difference
    is that I look completely wiped out in the earlier set and this time
    I look more stunned!:)

Arielle is handling things very well I think. She alternates from being completely apathetic about Daliya being around to wanting to be in the same room with her and flipping out when they are apart. Just this afternoon I heard her call out mid-nap saying "baby? baby?" Well, I hope that was asking about Daliya's whereabouts at least, there's no telling what a toddler whose solo reign has just been usurped might be dreaming about!:) I was so worried about how she'd react when I nursed, but she doesn't seem to even notice! I'm not sure if this is a honeymoon phase and in a few weeks (days?) she will completely lose it, but so far so good! Maybe some of the more seasoned moms of 2 or more have some advice or words of wisdom.

I'll try to get an avatar of my 2 girls (love that!:) soon!

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

brubeck Guest

Default RE: Introducing Daliya Samantha!!!

Congratulations Rachel! I know Daliya is a wonderful addition to your family. And I'm glad you're feeling well enough already to be posting again! Welcome back!

mamahill Guest

Congratulations! I am so glad the labor went better than you were fearing, and that you're home and happy with your girls. Daliya is a GORGEOUS name! Congrats Rachel and welcome to the newest member - Daliya!! (and to the newest big sister Arielle - don't want to leave her out!)

celfsh Guest

So glad things went well! Can't wait to hear more about the adventures of Arielle and Daliya (love the name, BTW)!

celeste
    mom to olivia 9/25/02

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations, and welcome Daliya!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

pritchettzoo Guest

Congratulations! Can't wait to see a picture, although I'm sure she's as beautiful as her name!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jennifer13 Guest

Beautiful name! Congratulations!

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03

amp Guest

Rachel, Congratulations to you and your family and welcome to Daliya Samantha! Can't wait to see a picture!

Congrats on a beautiful new addition to your family Rachel!
    Mom to R and R

Rachel, I am so glad that your labor went well and that you have a beautiful new addition to your family. It sounds like Arielle is ready to show little Daliya the ropes and will be a great big sister. Your girls have the best names! Congratulations to all of you.

(Edited to read I am so glad, not I so glad, that's Roley speak!)

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast