Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mamahill Guest

Default Jojo's Gannona has arrived!!

Joanne and DH arrived at the hospital at midnight. It took about an hour to process and get her settled, and she was REALLY uncomfortable. (edited to add that she was a 4-5 at this point) Right before 1 she got the epidural (in her words: my epidural with Gannon must not have worked, because this one was HEAVEN!) and then she and Shawn slept for a couple hours, waking when Joanne started to feel her contractions around 3 am. They weren't painful, but she could "feel" them. She started pushing around 3:45a and at 4:04, out slid their beautiful baby girl at 7 lbs 9 oz, measuring 20 inches.

Joanne said that this experience is the complete opposite from last time - nice nurses, they were the only ones there (and got the biggest room!), short pushing, drugs that worked, etc. Gannona has been napping peacefully and had one nursing session where she really didn't seem interested, as opposed to Gannon who was "the pirhana."

Anyway, poor Shawn has had 2 hours of sleep and now gets to deal with Gannon and then go to work (nobody to cover) tonight. But he sounded totally pumped. Joanne is sleeping when she can an enjoying the Gannon-free hospital (he's coming later today to meet his little sister). They have yet to decide on a name. Here are some pictures:

http://www.shutterfly.com/os.jsp?i=6...7ff4582&open=1

brubeck Guest

Default RE: Jojo's Gannona has arrived!!

Way to go Joanne! It sounds like Gannona just made up her mind to come and then made her appearance! I had my second in the middle of the night too and I know how it is to spend all night awake with your new baby and then realize it's not quite breakfast time yet. :)

Congratulations!

starrynight Guest

Congrats Joanne and Shawn!! She is beautiful, I can't wait to hear what name they decide on :).

Thanks for filling us in Sarah!

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks Sarah!
    Congrats to you Joanne! We're so glad to hear that you had a more pleasant (and quicker) labor and delivery!
    Can't wait to meet Gannona!!!

bluej Guest

Congratulations Joanne and Shawn! Little Miss is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you had a 'pleasant' birthing experience (as pleasant as it can get anyway). Can't wait to hear about Gannon's meeting w/ his little sister, I'm sure he's going to adore her!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations Joanne, Shawn and Gannon! Glad everything went well and little miss decided to make her appearance!

Laura
    mom to William

Congratulations! What a princess...you are so blessed!

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5-1-03

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How wonderful!!! And what an amazing experience. Now let's hope Little Miss continues to be the opposite of Gannon. Not that we don't love him but mama needs an easy one :) Can't wait to hear more stories. Wishing them all well.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

So exciting-thanks Sarah. Way to go Joanne!
    Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

sweetbasil Guest

We're so happy for all four of you, Joanne! I'm so glad Gannona decided to make her arrival before your due date, too. Wishing you all restful sleep and many happy days ahead! And thank you for sharing the news so quickly, Sarah!

Great big hugs,

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast