Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: 29 week preemie - I'm scared...

Congratulations on your baby girl, Nancy. You are doing the right things for her, and she has thousands of people throughout the world thinking and praying for her now. I'm sure she will be home in no time!!

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Nancy! Will keep Juliana in my thoughts. I had my son at 35 weeks and can remember how terrified I was when the doctor said this baby would be here in 24 hours. And I was like no, I have 5 more weeks to go!

A friend of a friend delivered twins at 27 weeks (who both are doing great one year later) and I remember her saying how all the vitals would go up every time some one touched the babies. So touch and love all over her as much as you can. She sounds like she is in good hands.

Good thoughts your way! Take care -

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
    and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

sweetbasil Guest

Wow- Nancy,
    Congratulations. I'll be thinking of you and little Juliana in the weeks to come and look forward to happy news of her growth and coming home very soon!

Hugs,

cinrein Guest

Nancy,

Sending prayers and good growing thoughts your way for Juliana. What a beautiful name you picked for her, BTW. You are doing great Mama. Just keep on loving her and I hope she's home with you soon.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congratulations on your little miracle, Nancy. Pumping milk for her is a huge benefit and gift. No one else can give her her own mother's milk.

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Nancy, congrats on your little bundle of joy!!!!
    Thoughts and prayers are with you guys, it sounds like she is doing wonderful and so are you!!!!

Big hugs,
    Neve

Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all your good thoughts - so far she is doing pretty well, the nurses tell us all the stuff she has is "normal preemie stuff" like apnea. Her second head ultrasound came back showing improvement, which is a relief. Thanks everyone for listening!

-Nancy
    mom to Juliana Caitlin, 5/31/04

workaholic Guest

DS was in the NICU as well because his lungs were premature. He was a further along, 34 weeks. Still every week makes a difference.

Are they letting you touch her or hold her? It seems like the smallest things make such a difference. I know it's not what you had planned for her. Your whole life and outlook has changed. I makes all your "firsts" with her special and different from what you had hoped. Let her know you're with her as much as you can. Whisper sweet words, read books, touch her. She was inside you for so long and still needs your comfort. Oh my, how my heart crys for you and your baby. I know exactly how you feel. I'll pray for her. There are lots of babies that are as early as she is and they have grown up to be beautiful children. My best friend in the whole world has a gorgeous 12 year old daughter that was born at 29 weeks. She lived in the hospital for weeks and weeks. She's so healthy now. 3lbs is so tiny but that is enough to give her so much strength. Be sure to tell her about all the beautiful things she's going to grow up to see. When your not with her, take care of you. Keep pumping. I think that my milk was what made Cooper so strong, so fast. It's so good for them. I ended up with more milk than anyone would ever need because I pumped and pumped. I wanted to make sure that he got his meals from me (even through a tube). That was the one thing that I knew I could do to help. Let the nurses take care of her for now. They love her too. Let me know if you need any advice and cry. It helps. Just e-mail me. At the very least, I can listen to your concerns. Don't be disappointed. It happens to babies everyday.

God Bless,

Aimee Larsen
    Momma to Cooper
    Crossing fingers for another...
    Owner: Ella-Bags

(((((Nancy)))))

Congratulations Mama. You and Juliana are in my prayers and thoughts.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Mommie2MadLyn Guest

Congratulations Nancy! I will keep you and Juliana in my thoughts & prayers, and I look forward to hearing how much she is growing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2