almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Just wanted to say hello

Hi,

I've spent the better part of today reading all of your messages and learning so much. I started a few hours ago just trying to find info on a high chair!! I've found I have a lot to learn! I'm becoming a first time mom at the same time that my friends' children are starting school. They are far beyond this stage in their lives. It's nice to have somewhere to go to where people are experiencing the same things that I am. After 10+ years as an elementary teacher, I'm really looking forward to spending my days with my own little munchkin! Thanks for all the valuable advice you all post; this first-timer really appreciates it. :)

Linda

Default Just wanted to say hello

Hi,

I've spent the better part of today reading all of your messages and learning so much. I started a few hours ago just trying to find info on a high chair!! I've found I have a lot to learn! I'm becoming a first time mom at the same time that my friends' children are starting school. They are far beyond this stage in their lives. It's nice to have somewhere to go to where people are experiencing the same things that I am. After 10+ years as an elementary teacher, I'm really looking forward to spending my days with my own little munchkin! Thanks for all the valuable advice you all post; this first-timer really appreciates it. :)

Linda

Default RE: Just wanted to say hello

Linda,
    Welcome to the boards! I am sure you will love it here. There are so many great people and so much great advice. Someone is always here for a midnight question :) and trust me there will be many of them. ;) Watch out for the co-ops they get you hooked. This is the greatest community and we are proud to welcome a new member. BTW-when are you due?
    Tara
    Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

Linda,
    Welcome to the boards! I am sure you will love it here. There are so many great people and so much great advice. Someone is always here for a midnight question :) and trust me there will be many of them. ;) Watch out for the co-ops they get you hooked. This is the greatest community and we are proud to welcome a new member. BTW-when are you due?
    Tara

amp Guest

Welcome Linda! This site will provide you with more information than you could ever hope to find on pretty much any subject!

amp Guest

Welcome Linda! This site will provide you with more information than you could ever hope to find on pretty much any subject!

Tara,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm already hooked! I've gotten nothing done around my house since I found this site :) I've been reading threads (and trying to decipher abbreviations) for two solid days! What are co-ops? BTW (by the way, right? :)) our little boy is due in mid November. Thanks for asking.
    Linda

Tara,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm already hooked! I've gotten nothing done around my house since I found this site :) I've been reading threads (and trying to decipher abbreviations) for two solid days! What are co-ops? BTW (by the way, right? :)) our little boy is due in mid November. Thanks for asking.
    Linda

Linda,
    Here in an old thread with a list of all the abbreviations. It took me awhile to figure them all out.
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search
    Right now there is a co-op going on for diaper bags. It is really nice to get a group discount but i tend to spend more this way because I have to buy every great deal. :)

Tara

Linda,
    Here in an old thread with a list of all the abbreviations. It took me awhile to figure them all out.
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search
    Right now there is a co-op going on for diaper bags. It is really nice to get a group discount but i tend to spend more this way because I have to buy every great deal. :)

Tara