Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Urgent name help! Talia or Yael

Congrats! That's a beautiful choice!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby Guest

I LOVE the name Talia (although pronounced tah-lia)! It actually is the name I always planned on using - till I got married b/c it totally does not go w/ my husband's last name. I actually have a cousin named Yael, but she lives in Latin America, so pronunication isn't an issue. However, I also know a Yael in college and people had some difficulty pronouncing it.

So, I vote for Talia. :)

cara1 Guest

I'm glad; that was my vote! BTW, you beat me. My dd was 2 days old before she had a name. Have you picked a Hebrew name? I'm still having trouble arranging a Baby naming ceremony.

naomi01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Trish - just realized how close your due date is, good luck! Thanks for the support.

Cara - Yes, we took just over 7 days to make a final decision! Her hebrew name is Talia Rivka. We had hoped for a naming ceremony sooner, but I wasn't feeling so great last week after the C-section (long story). In the end we named her in synagogue this past weekend, and hope for a simchat bat in early december. How about you guys? What was your name?

Thanks again to all the wonderful people who helped me to decide...

Naomi

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congrats! I prefer Talia. My pronunciation of that one would have been "TAHL-ee-uh". (Which I think it different from what you want.)

Yael looked a little funny to me (and we are Jewish too)...I would have guessed it was pronounced the same as Yale University.

Congrats and good luck! I'm biased to Talia. heehee. our DD is Tahlia and we pronouce it differently from you, similar to PP.
    K
    DD#1 05/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2