Default *****October Moms*****

I rarely post on this site under this forum but thought it would be fun. I have been having a really hard time finding groups of Moms who want to get together in my area. I am a younger mom and I sort of get a bad vibe from some women so that doesn't help either.

Anyways, the women on here are all so helpful and I just wanted to post and see how many of you are actually recent October Moms.

1. What is your name?
    2. Where are you from?
    3. How many children do you have?
    4. Which child was your October baby?
    5. What is your child's name?
    6. What are some things that have been changing so far as you have entered the third month?
    7. What were your child's measurements at birth.
    8. What are their measurements now?

This would sort of be fun to keep up with once a month...we'll see how many moms we get to respond. Anyway.

My name is Hanaa, pronounced Hannah. I live in a suburb outside of Detroit. Ava is our first child and we are absolutely head over heels in love with her. She was 7lbs 4oz and 20 1/2 inches long at birth and now she is 13lbs 4oz and 24 1/2 inches long. Not much has changed since we've entered the third month but then again it just started. She gets more exciting and changes a little bit everyday. She is starting to recognize that she has hands and feet and be more aware of them when I touch them. She buries her head in my shoulder and neck now and it is so cute! When I am changing her diaper or dressing her she rests her little hands on my arm. She hasn't rolled over yet but she does pull herself up to a sitting position if she is slightly reclined. She can stand up and LOVES to stare at herself in the mirror and giggle and laugh. I went back to school this month and we have both been having a really hard time, she stays with my mom and doesn't like being left there one little bit. Hopefully that will change soon. She is definitely a mama's girl. She gets a little bit fussy at night and HATES taking bath, but loves being massaged with lotion afterwards.

I can't wait to hear about your experiences.
    :-)

Default RE: *****October Moms*****

Good to meet you, Hannah and Ava! Yeay, I'm first to reply!! My name is maggie, and Lana is my first baby. We live in Silicon Valley, CA. She was 6lb 6oz and 19" when she was born, which made her birth an easy one! (Thank God!!) She has a very healthy appetite and is now 13lb 4oz (same as your Ava) and 23".

She's definitely more fun now in her 3rd month. She just found her newest toy, her feet, and is fascinated by them. She loves talking to that cutie girl in the mirror, and sometimes when that girl giggles with her, she would hide her face in my chest. They have a great time together! She was sleeping through the night in her own crib, but for some reason, a few days ago, she started fussing again at night. So now she's back in our bed, hopefully it'll get better next month...

Motherhood is so fun, I wish I did it sooner!
    ________
    Glass Weed Pipe
    Last edited by mshen; 02-19-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Hello Hannaa, and the october moms.
    My name is Heidi we live just outside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Jillian was born 10/20/05 weighing 6 pounds even, and was 18 inches long. At her last ped. appt which was around 3 weeks ago I believe she weighed in at 12 lbs 8 oz. and i'm sure by now shes at least a pound more. The girl loves to eat.
    She is an absolute joy. She doesn't like laying down, she always wants to be sitting up nebbing around at whats going on. She is much more active now kicking her feet and grasping at toy ( although when she gets them I think its accidental) She is very pleasant.
    She does sleep in her own crib ( in our bedroom) but still gets up twice through the night. She goes to bed around 10:30 but then gets between 3:30 -4:00 for a bottle, back to sleep then up again around
    7 or 7:30 then back to bed until 9.
    look forward to seeing more oct. moms

Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

mainepotato Guest

Hi Hanaa and other October Moms!

I'm Tricia, mom to Ava (4 yrs old) and Claire (October baby). We live in Arizona. We've been having fun this month.. Claire is obsessed with toys and will practically lunge right out of our arms to get to one. Her favorites are the ones that make noise, especially her parrot with the crinkly wings. She just discovered her toes last night. She hates to lie back and she grunts and strains to let us know she wants to sit up. She giggles and squeals when we tickle her, she pulls our hair and she tries to fit her whole hand in her mouth. She has stopped spitting up, but now she is constantly drooling. She rolls from back to tummy pretty easily, but she has only rolled the other way a couple of times. She smiles and laughs at everything Ava does, which encourages Ava to clown around even more.

She was 8lbs 9oz and 20.5" at birth, and at her last check-up (4 weeks ago) she was 12lbs 8oz and 25" long.