dueinmay Guest

Default Can the same non-adjustable sling be used from infant to toddler?

DD is now 15 wks. Will she "outgrow" a non-adjustable sling as she gets bigger in the coming mths/yrs, or would I be able to use the same sling for her even up to toddler age?

Thanks! :)

Rebecca
    It's a girl!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Can the same non-adjustable sling be used from infant to toddler?

I know that that the pouch slings sold by Kristen at HotSlings.com go by the mother's measurement -- not the baby's -- so I would assume that the sling can be worn by the same baby from newborn to toddlerhood.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've been using the same one since Sarah was 10 months. I didn't use one before then.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sweetbasil Guest

A friend of mine bought one early in her second pregnancy for use with her newborn (just so she'd get the sizing right before she was really showing), tried it out on her toddler (almost 30# at age 2), and now is going to have to get a new one for one of the two kids, as her toddler loves it. She got the sling after I referred her to Kristen at www.hotslings.com--- I just noticed yesterday that Kristen's offering a new sling option- a padded leg rail so the fabric will be more comfortable behind a toddler's knees while in the sling.

HTH,