kelewis Guest

Default Inglesina bean baby carrier

Has anybody used this sling? I saw it in a baby store and thought it might be a nice alternative to a Baby Bjorn-type carrier, especially in the first weeks after I have my baby and maybe good for breastfeeding. Any comments?

Thanks!
    Karen

Default RE: Inglesina bean baby carrier

I just saw this product too (online) and liked how it looked. Where did you see it irl? Does anyone know about it? Thanks!

kelewis Guest

Still thinking about it - anyone else out there tried it yet??

I saw it at a small baby specialty store called Baby Outfitters (www.baby-outfitters.com), run by a couple of moms who specialize mainly in unique strollers and layettes. They liked this sling better than any of the ring or pouch versions out there, because it was easily adjustable and provided more support, especially for a breast-feeding mom. I likely will try it out (I'm due Oct. 1), but I'm not sure how long I'll end up using it.

wow, that's expensive for something that can only be used for up to 13 pounds. How do you breastfeed in it? I can't tell how you would get the baby close enough to you.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kelewis Guest

Well, I am new to all this, but I did try it on, and you can tighten it from the top and from the back so that it's snug at breast level and then turn it a little. Can you breastfeed using any of the other slings?

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you looked at the ergo. I don't have one myself, as I plan on getting a Kangaroo Korner Pouch, but I have read good reviews of it, and it seems closest to the Inglesina one you are looking at, in that it a sportier style sling.
    http://www.babystyle.com/common/dPro...age&PMId=12930
    As for breastfeeding, I am in no way a sling expert like some of the moms here, but if you do a search, you will definitely find lots of posts on which slings can be used for breastfeeding.
    I don't think you can BF in a Bjorn or Theodore Bean, but those are conventional carriers. The Inglesina appears to be more like a sling, and if you are interested in a sling, you should definitely look at the huge amounts of archived posts.

Yes, you can breastfeed in any sling. The adjustable ones are a bit easier, but even the pouches will work.

I can't really tell from the pictures, but it looks like the bottom of the Bean is flat. So when you rotate it to bring the baby to face your breast, what supports their head?

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03