Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Silk Chinese Brocade Pouch Slings...NEVE you've got to see this!

I was looking around on Ebay--that place always gets me into trouble! And lookee what I found! A pouch style sling made from the most beautiful silk Chinese brocade fabric, lined with hemp fleece! And the best part is, they're only $45.00! I'v egot to have one, and I have a feeiling Neve will too ;)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Edited to add:
    It's midnight and I just bought the red silk one...shhh...don't tell hubby! I got an email back from Heather who makes these, and she was so nice! She said this is her introductory price, and they will be going for $65 in the next few weeks--so get them at this great price now while you can! I warned her the ladies here would be swarming her with orders! ;)
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Default RE: Silk Chinese Brocade Pouch Slings...NEVE you've got to see this!

LOL I just saw that on eBay and was coming here to post about it! Let us know how you like it when you get it.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

parkersmama Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! These look so wonderful! I ended up buying one, too (impulse purchase all the way!). I've been eyeing the zolos but really, strongly prefer a pouch and these look perfect!!

oh my Amy thanks for posting this link these are beautiful pouches!!!

I was eyeing the Zolos too, but missed the sale--drat!! But these pouches look like a nice combo of the kkfleece poouch AND the Zolos.

But like you I have to wait till midnight to order--hee hee

Thanks again,
    Cheryl

nofeea is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Wow- these look nice but I've never been a sling wearer so help me out here...
    When do you guys usually use your slings (shopping? walking? why a sling instead of a stroller?) and when does the baby feel too heavy to carry that way? At 18 lbs., my DD already makes my arms ache when I have to hold her for long periods of time. I don't know if my back could take it...

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I started using a sling with Sarah when she was 10 months and outgrew the Bjorn. She didn't walk until almost 19 months and I easily carried her in the sling. I STILL use a sling at 2 years and 30 ounds. It is SO much more comfortable, but you have to make sure to wear it properly. Some good sites to see slings and pouches being worn properly are:

www.kangarookorner.com
    www.taylormadetreasures.com
    www.peppermint.com.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

toomanystrollers Guest

Please stop, my wallet is moaning :) These are gorgeous. I'll be good and wait for the reviews to come in. Keep us posted!
    -Pam

Joshua was 25lbs. two months ago at his 10 month checkup. I can't wait to see how much he weighs now at 1 year! I can hardly hold him in my arms for 5-10 minutes because he's so big and heavy. However, we went into Washington DC last weekend and I carried Josh around in a sling for 2 hours without the slightest bit of ache! I could've carried him longer than that if I had needed too. That's teh beauty of a good sling. You can carry heavier babies without it taking a toll on your arms and back.
    I use my slings (yes, I have several) so much that I have two in the car--1 pouch, 1 ring style, and several others in the house. There are times when a stroller is just too much hassle, and a sling makes me feel so much more foot-loose and fancy free! (a hard thing to do with a baby!)
    Imagine pulling the stroller out of the trunk, getting Josh all strapped in, then manuevering it around just to mail off a package in the post office, then get him out, back into his carseat, fold up the stroller and put it back into the trunk.
    OR
    Plop Josh into the sling I'm wearing (takes 5 seconds), and off we go. When I'm done taking care of business, back into his carseat he goes and we drive off! Much easier! And of course there are times when your child has had enough of their stroller (such as shopping at the mall) and only wants to be held and carried around. Thats when the sling comes out. Great for Mommy's arms, and baby's security and comforting.

Slings take a little while to master, I bought two different ones and returned them when I became frustrated and couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. But then a friend showed me how to wear a sling, and the rest is history. They are worth their weight in gold! If I could only suggest one piece of baby equipment that most people don't have but NEED, it would be a good sling!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Blue Jeans Mama Guest

She doesn't show any pictures of hip carrying. Can you use it that way? I know you cann do it with the KKFP but the fleece pouch gives a little. Would it be hard to carry an older child in this pouch with a fabric that doesn't stretch. I know the KKCP fabric stretches a little.

I don't have a pouch so I am clueless

Cathy

Yes, you can use any pocket sling in the hip position. I have a sling I made of non-stretch fabric, and only wear Josh (over 25lbs.) on my hip.
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast