Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Silk Chinese Brocade Pouch Slings...NEVE you've got to see this!

I also only carry my DD in the hip carry in a pouch style sling. It has to fit fairly snuggly to be "hands free", but it works really well!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Sometimes it is too much hassle to get the stroller out. Sometimes she just wants to be held. Sometimes I want her to go to sleep and she is fighting it and the sling will put her right to sleep.

Sometimes you can't take a stroller somewhere. We toured Biltmore house last weekend, and they had an elevator to go to the second floor, but not the third floor and not the basement. We plopped the babies in slings and off we went to the basement. Without slings, we would have missed all the best parts of the house. (the servants quarters, kitchens, laundries, bowling alley, swimming pool, all the cool stuff was down there!)

I also use slings around the house. I work from home two days a week and I can put her in a sling and still have two hands free to type. She's happy to be held and I can work.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Blue Jeans Mama Guest

I don't "NEED" another sling, I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I
    don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I
    don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling,I don't "NEED" another sling.

This is TOOO hard LOL I have a petunia Pickle Bottom coming in Black Jaguar color. One of this sling would look good with it. Which ONE?

Cathy STAY AWAY You can do ti LOL

mama2be Guest

Default "Yes judge we need a divorce"....why...well this nice gal Amy told me about these slings

...and I had to have one of each!!!!!

LOVE THEM!!!! HOenstly I am eyeing 3 of them...JMarie has the PP bag that matches that red bamboo one...I am almost certain the amtch is a slam dunk...

I honest to god think I might treat myself to three of these...am I losing my mind????

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you need another hobby? :) It's very easy to sew your own pouch style sling...
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default RE: "Yes judge we need a divorce"....why...well this nice gal Amy told me about these slings

I'm so sorry I did this to you and your wallet ;) But I couldn't resist!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Seriously!!! I need to keep saying that to myself as well. In response to Beth's post below, I am thinking about buying my own sewing machine to make my own. That's the truth! :)

Now if there's a way I can construct my own strollers than I would be all set--LOL!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: "Yes judge we need a divorce"....why...well this nice gal Amy told me about these slings

Neve - try one first and make sure that it works for you! Maybe the gal will give you an "option" to order two more at the introductory price within the next month. Not all pouches work equally well, so I'd suggest making sure that this one does before buying three ;-).

These sure are pretty, but I will also wait for the reviews before ordering! I had a problem with the sizing on the non-adjustable pouch that I bought, so I tend to try to stay with adjustable ones.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Blue Jeans Mama Guest

I can't sew a thing. I am SOOOO no talented LOL

I don't even have a machine :(

And if I pay someone to do it it would turn out to be almost the same amount of money.

I am going to be a good girl today. I am going to try LOL

I already have a HH, a cotton Zolo and a Sutemi.

Wondering Would DS look good in a red silk sling ?????

Cathy Who is crazy for even considering one. Who also always tell herself "You can sell it on ebay" but then she never does LOL

That is what is allowing me to resist. The pouch slings are my "emergency" slings to keep in the diaper bag and to use at home while I am mostly sitting down. If I were going to get a silk one, it would be a Zolo that would be more versatile so I would get my money's worth.

I don't need another sling. (as anyone who saw my collection in Asheville can attest to - one daddy even thought I sold slings I had so many)

But these are so pretty. . .

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast