Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    nohomama Guest

Default Beth and other sewers...

While I'm far from the seamstress my mother is (very far), I do sew. I've sewn a number of slings as gifts for friends and have loved doing it because it's a simple yet satisfying project. I'd never thought of making a lined pouch sling until I looked at these pictures. Can any of you more experienced sewers help me out? It looks like this seller a cut a swath of each fabric sewed the bottom seem, put the right sides together and sewed all the way around on either side leaving a small hole to turn. Sound about right? Do you think the bottom seam (wear the baby's bums usually sits) is as strong as a French seam, or at least strong enough that it's safe?

I'd love some input here. I just made a ring sling for a friend with a new baby but would love to make her pouch sling as well.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Beth and other sewers...

I think that's basically how you would do it. It would make the sling a little thicker than usual, which I wouldn't personally like, but I can see where some would find it really cosy. So I might pick slightly thinner fabrics than usual.

I made one recently with just a basic seam and it doesn't seem to have any trouble holding Sarah.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: Silk Chinese Brocade Pouch Slings...NEVE you've got to see this!

Okay girls, fess up, who bought all the pouches! Last time I looked there was four left. What colors did you order?
    -Pam

mama2be Guest

Default RE: "Yes judge we need a divorce"....why...well this nice gal Amy told me about these slings

I didn't realize it wasn't adjustable for some reason...
    You are wise-thank you...I'll keep you posted :)...they sure are pretty!!!

mamahill Guest

:o They're all gone! Just as well - I don't *NEED* another sling... (like that stopped me before?!)

WE all did! I've been in contact with Summer (sorry--I said her name was Heather, but it's Summer), and I told her we were going to keep her busy for awhile with our sling addiction! The last email I got from her, she said that all my friends bought her out! hee-hee, good work ladies! She is a 5 months PG WAHM. She said she was going fabric shopping tommorrow. I asked her to look for some black silk for me to, and asked if I liked this first red sling, could I get another at the intro. $45 price. We'll see what she says :) Also, I was out purusing the fabric stores today myself, and I saw that if I were to buy just the silk (not even counting the fleece lining) it would cost more than she is charging! Wow! Thats a great deal!
    Here is her email address.
    [email protected]
    I'm sure if you emailed her, she would get some more fabric instock and make you one too! Just tell her Amy sent you, ha-ha ;)

Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

oh great! way back when i asked kristin at hotslings if she could make a brocade pouch lined with hemp fleece, how about that! almost my perfect sling... now if it could be made adjustable, that would be my perfect pouch!!

parkersmama Guest

Amy, have you heard from Summer over the weekend? I emailed her and haven't heard back (about fabric colors). Thanks!

cinrein Guest

I'm anxiously awaiting a review. Please let us know how they are when you gals get your sling.

Cindy
    Mama to Anna 2/11/03

kristie Guest

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has heard more about these slings? Did anyone receive theirs yet? Do you like it? Has anyone been in contact with Heather, the lady who sells them or have an email address for her?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast