Default how do you wear your KK Fleece Pouch?

Do you wear it over a coat in the winter? Or under the coat, with coat hanging open, pregancy style.... :) Or over a slimmer fitting fleece jacket, and know that you'll be warm with all that material and the babe? I am trying to decide what size to get, and I'm just wondering if I'll end up wearing it over more clothes or what...

In all honesty, I'll probably wear it inside mostly, and use it on quick trips to the store outside. Just curious what you all do.

Also, has anyone had their pouch long enough to know if as the babe grows, do you wear it on a looser setting? Or does the same size that fits YOU fit the babe? Maybe that's a silly question...it's just that I am at the larger end of the small range. I like my cotton one REALLY snug, but I want to make sure we don't outgrow it too soon...

Thanks! Now I just have to decide what color.

Default RE: how do you wear your KK Fleece Pouch?

Hi, Becky. I'm in the same size range as you. I ordered a medium pouch. I never wore it over my coat, but I think getting the larger size would allow me to do so if I adjusted it to the largest snap row. This past winter I wore it over a thick sweater or fleece, or put my coat over it open. Since you like the pouch super snug, you could always get an extra row of snaps -- that should give you the versatility you want plus the guarantee that it will be snug enough. The medium size also makes it possible for others who may be larger than you to use the sling as well (DH, for instance -- provided he's not like mine and refuses to try it!).

I recently put my (gigantic:)) 20-month old nephew into the fleece KKP in hip carry. He fit just fine at the smallest snap setting. But I can see how getting them into the pouch will be more difficult as they grow, and I think having the ability to make the pouch a little bit bigger will be helpful.

Did you order a small or medium cotton pouch? I'm thinking about getting a cotton pouch for my sister who's in the same size range. Since they "give" a little more than the fleece, I was worried about getting a medium.

That's my next problem too...color! I ordered the periwinkle cotton pouch, which is pretty, basically just a light blue.

As for the fleece, I don't know. Black, probably. Of course, I want it to match both me AND DD, wich is pretty ridiculous. Although I guess it really only has to match me, since most of DD's clothes get covered up when she's in the sling anyway!! I wear mostly white/black/grey/lt. blue, so I should maybe get something snazzier than black! Her newest colors come out in September, so I'll see then.

Anyway, that's probably no help. Sorry!

Chrissy,
    Thanks for your advice on the FP.

I have a medium cotton pouch, and I actually wish I had a small. Like I said, I like to wear it really snug, and my medium is best right out of the dryer for the first few wearings. I wear it on the tightest setting.

FYI, I measured 33 in, so if your sister is close to that, I would maybe suggest a small. HTH!!

Truska Guest

I *just* ordered a KK Fleece Pouch in medium, and am still wondering about the size. I was advised based on my height (5'5") that it would be best, although my measurements (32-33) would put me in the small category. My main concern is that I think I'm going to like to wear her high, and wonder if the medium will allow her to 'hang' too low? I'm assuming that I could change the order...

What colours are you guys thinking of? I love the dark lilac (and that's what I ordered), but am wondering 'how' you choose your colour - based on what you wear, what baby wears most, or simply what you like?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I just received my fleece pouch from KK and I am having trouble wearing it. This is my first "sling" and I feel like a total idiot. My son is only 2 weeks old (and around 7 lbs) and I feel like he's lost in all the fabric. The sling fits snug on me, so I feel like I ordered the right size. It's just a matter of getting him in there right. I swear I am following the directions, but his head sinks way too low (cradle hold). He looks really uncomfortable and fusses after a few minutes despite being calm before going in. Does anyone have suggestions? I really want to wear him as it will be much easier than carrying him all day :) Thanks in advance.

Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

parkersmama Guest

Using the cradle hold with a newborn it's helpful to put a rolled up/folded up receiving blanket or towel into the sling underneath the upper body and head to help it not get so lost. My other suggestion is to try the tummy-to-tummy carry and see if you like it better. It's my favorite and I think it's actually easier on your back that way and keeps baby nice and snug to your chest. Also, it's good for kissing the sweet top of your baby's head! :-)

a rolled up blanket will help raise him up higher.

Or you can try other carries. Try slipping him in feet first and holding him tummy to tummy with his head on your chest.

Also, with a newborn you can do a backwards cradle carry with the head at the other side of the pouch, so there isn't so much fabric around his face.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03