Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default RE: What's in your baby carrier collection?

I'm totally new to the sling mania around here...but I have a KK cotton AND a KK fleece pouch on order...And I can see myself wanting a Zolo if this sling thing goes well!!! I can see that it's addicting!! And (a little) easier on the wallet than wanting more $300+ strollers....(as I try to justify...)

Until now, we've been using the Bjorn and LOVING it.

baby4us Guest

jessica, i am new to this forum, and couln't figure out how to ask you a direct question, so i hope this works...i wanted to get your views on the baby trekker. would you recommend for a long trip with walking?i like the looks of it, but don't now how IRL...thanx

lisa
    logan 7/24/02

I actually thought I had a lot of carriers, but now I know better!

In my collection:

Baby Bjorn (she's way too big for it now but we really liked it for the first year)
    OTSBH (I may be the only one here who liked it and used it all of the time)
    Hip Hammock (the only carrier we use now and it works well for us)
    Ergo (I don't like it at all, but my husband does)

Departed:
    VauDe Swing backpack (hit me in the wrong spot and was very uncomfortable)

Paula
    -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

mommyj Guest

So far I have

All cotton Rebozo (blue)--This has been great for the summer. I love
    the fabric.
    KK fleece pouch (glacier ice)--I love how cuddly & cozy this one is.
    It's definitely too hot for summer days, but I love
    it for cooler evenings. I know I'll use it all the
    time once it cools down.
    Zolo silk sling (black dragon)--I haven't used this with ds yet, but
    the fabric is to die for & it's really comfortable.
    Baby Bjorn (black)--This is dh's. DS doesn't like yet.

I had an OTSBH but I returned it before ds was born. I HATED how bulky it was. It felt like I had a king-size pillow sitting on me.

I really want a didymo (I forgot how to spell it), but I'll wait until dh has forgotten how much I've already spent on carriers. I'm also planning on getting a backpack carrier when ds is old enough for one.

Calmegja Guest

Hello!

Depends on how you are going to use it.;-) For a front carry, definitely. For a back carry, I like it, but I would have to give the edge to the Ergo Baby Carrier, in terms of total support, and the way it works on the back. I also have a Sutemi.

The Ergo is a wee bit more supportive around the waist, and makes a good bucket for baby, so in a back carry, in my opinion, it works a little better. I use my Trekker as an overgrown Bjorn, and it is terrific for that, but as a back carrier, it wasn't my favorite.

Gina on here has a Trekker, and she is an absolute devotee. Hopefully, she'll see this, and she can give you her take on it.

If you have more specific questions, I'd be glad to give them a whirl!

Hi there!

Just wanted to say hi to another 3/3/03 mommy - that is my son Caleb's birthdate too :-)

I have 2 Maya Wraps (LOVE IT) and a NoJo "Original Baby Sling" (HATE IT!!) BTW - one of my Maya's was homemade by my mom from the pattern on their site, which is a great way to save some $$ if that is an issue. It is EXTREMELY easy!

I'm always looking for others, but DH is not fond of my baby product obsessions! ("Why do you need more than one carrier/stroller, etc?")I'm finding that as DS gets bigger (now about 15 lb) the Maya gets tough to wear for long periods. Which carrier do you like best?
    Lynne

Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

uccomama Guest

Here's what I have right now:

Ring slings:
    Silk Zolo
    Rosado
    KK mesh sling
    Maya Wrap
    OTSBH
    2 MamaBaby slings

Pouches:
    New Native
    KK Fleece
    Hot Sling
    Pea in the Pod hemp fleece pouch
    Precious Pouch

Wrap arounds/tie ons:
    2 Didymos (yellow indio and Nora)
    Storchenwiege (another German wrap around)
    Rebozo

Front/Back carriers:
    Wilkinet
    Packababy

Sold:
    Ergo (DS is now too big for it)
    Babylonia Backcarrier (a Euro back carrier)
    El Comal Didy length Rebozo
    Primaxx carrier

I think that's all!

Deborah

baby4us Guest

jessica, thanx for being so good with your mail! i was planning to use for both front and back, which ever way DS likes best. i just got my hotsling in the mail (sling virgin), and was trying him in it today...so far he's been a bit squirmy, and did not seem impressed. i saw that a lot of you guys got the sutemi through the co-op,and that looked nice, but i think i am too short (5'0")...do you agree with the premise that the ergo is more anatomically correct, and more comfortable for baby than trekker? the only reservation i have about ergo is that i am also top heavy, and am not sure how the top strap is going to hit my chest...i wish i could try on! what do you think of wilkinet?

lisa
    logan 7/24/02

Yeah Caleb, don't you love having a kiddo with such a cool birthday!

Our favorite carrier is the Adjustable fleece pouch. It is so snuggly and comfy! The Zolo is a close second. I use to really like the Maya wrap, but now that DD is getting bigger, it is hard to wear for long periods of time.

jiahn02 Guest

Hi,
    I was thinking of purchasing the Vaude Swing and was wondering why it hit you in the wrong spot. How tall are you?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast