Truska Guest

Default Making a big deal out of the COLOUR of a sling?

Am I making this too big of a deal? I've decided to get the AFP, as it will be my first (okay, I borrowed a Maya, but am not thrilled with it, and the AFP looks comfy!) sling purchase. Can't decide on a colour. I love the dark lilac, but it only comes in size M, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a small. So, I'm thinking of just getting the cream for now, as it would 'go' with everything (is that silly?!), and comes in all sizes. Also thought about the tar (dark grey), but am worried it might be too boyish-looking. We have fall/winter coming up too...

See, silly!

MiaPia Guest

Default RE: Making a big deal out of the COLOUR of a sling?

Hi Jenn - imagine seeing you over here! LOL
    Anyway, no I don't think you're making too big of a deal out of a sling color! After all, you're going to be wearing this often - it's just like an accesory!
    But no, I don't think your color choice would be too "boyish" - I think if you like it it's fine! I ordered a Zolo in the natural color actually, since I couldn't decide on a color I liked!

lizamann Guest

tee hee...I recently ordered an afp too, in french blue, but then i heard that she was getting more colors, so i asked her to wait...

too tough of a decision, ita. i want the eggplant but she is out of my size.

i stalk the site looking for new colors - i want a picture of the winter plum.

I think the cream is an excellent choice, but i have a neutral maya want something fun.

best of luck deciding!
    beth

mommyj Guest

I would say to buy the one that would look good with most of your clothes, and tha you would look/feel good wearing. I thought about getting the cream, but I look horrible in it so I went with the glacier ice & I love it. I look at the pouch as more part of my outfits than just an accessory since it's pretty big. HTH.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Making a big deal out of the COLOR of a sling?

Nah, not at all! I got a print for my Hotlsings.com sling and many of my mommy friends have told me that they were disappointed the pattern sold out when they went to the site.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

lizamann Guest

Jenn, did you pick a color? I am STILL debating...fun or neutral, fun or neutral...