heidi_timms Guest

Default Sling Addicts, What are your FAVORITES in your collection?

Sling Addicts, I was just reading the string where many of you have 5 or more slings! I currently have a Bjorn and I just got a Sutemi, which my DD is too young for. She is 4 months and soon will be strong enough to use it. The Bjorn works, but I would like to try something different. I am looking into other slings as I run lots of errands and I fear that DD is spending too much time in her infant carrier. Out of your collections, which ones do you use the most and why?

Thanks for your input!!

~Heidi
    Mom to Kailey Ashlin
    4/27/03

Calmegja Guest

Default RE: Sling Addicts, What are your FAVORITES in your collection?

Ooh! ooh! That would be me...sling addict. ;-)

I have said repeatedly, and will say it again, if I could only have two slings (perish the thought!), I would have a KK Adjustable Fleece Pouch, and a Zolowear Sling. If I could only have one, I'd bite my fingernails a lot and cry, but it'd be the KKAFP.

I use them the most because I can carry both of my kids that get carried (the 3 year old and the 15 month old), with the same carrier, and in a wide variety of positons. Both are user friendly, both have very short learning curves, and compared to all other carriers I have owned/tried, they are undeniably more comfortable for everyday and extended use.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a Mom & Me Creations hemp pouch, non-adjustable pouch from www.daisy-doodles.com, a Solarveil adjustable ring sling and a Zolowear sling.

I have been reaching for the Zolo without fail since I got it. I love the adjustability, and the natural cotton is comfortable even in the summer. Come fall, I'm sure that I will use my hemp pouch a lot again, because I really do love it, but I also really like being able to "tweak" the rails without taking the sling off!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love my Zolo, but my "go to slings" are still the simple pouch style slings that I have made for myself. Since they fold down to nothing, they are so easy to have with you at all times. And since i made them myself, they fit me perfectly. :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

redheads Guest

I have narrowed it down to the Zolo (cotton) and the Sutemi (for back carry). I also owned the KKAFP and the Ergo. Liked them a lot too but just didn't work for me and DS.

Redheads

toomanystrollers Guest

I have the KKACP, KKAFP, Bjorn & red cotton Zolo. My favorite for shopping/out & about is the Zolo. My fav. around the house is the KKAFP.

Have fun,

nofeea is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm currently trying to make this decision also...
    Why the KKAFP over the Zolo?