etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I am zolo sling challenged!

I swear, I have this beautiful silk zolo sling and have no idea how to wear it. UGH! I know that the rings are supposed to cup my shoulder, but I always feel like I have to stand lopsided to keep dd sitting up straight. I've tried adjusting, but in the process, she gets so upset and i just give up.

I want to use this beautiful sling but am losing patience and my mind. Any tips?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: I am zolo sling challenged!

What hold are you trying to use? It sounds like you need to adjust the top of the sling a little tighter. Try pulling on just the top piece of fabric, the part that goes around the upper part of her body. Does that make sense?

Also, I would really recommend you call Darien at zolowear and see if she can walk you through it over the phone. I know she has done that for many people.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

kristie Guest

Hi,

Although I have not received my Zolowear sling just yet, I have had an OTSBH sling and at first did find it hard to use. It really just takes getting used to. The best thing for me was the video that came with it! I am a visual learner and the video was great! I have heard that you can rent them but I am not sure where you are.

I know the video is for another brand of slings, but it is basically the same idea. The only difference is a few minor things, OTSBH is padded and has another ring at the bottom of the tail. That extra ring actually makes it harder to adjust (So I have been told)
    If you can't find one, maybe I could see if I still have mine and send it to you. You could just send it back when you are done?

Also, I remember seeing a post for a link that has great directions on their website, but I just can't remember the link. Maybe try posting a question for the link that has great directions.

I do remember trying to adjust my sling the first times and my daughter just kept getting more annoyed. But once you do figure it out, it is heaven!

Good luck and let me know if you need the video!

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you check out the http://www.mayawrap.com/ website you'll find an instructional video that might be helpful. The link to the video is located on the right side of the mayawrap homepage.

Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

mugs Guest

darien has directions on her site, zolowear.com . i thought they were pretty good.

susabusa Guest

Default Directions

I love the directions at www.taylormadetreasures.com They are really great!

Stephanie

I'm not sure this is what you meant, but the rings should not actually cup your shoulder. The rings should be at your collarbone, right where you would wear a corsage.

The fabric above the rings cups your shoulder, lapping down onto your arm a bit.

If you feel lopsided, lift her up so none of her weight is on the sling, and pull the sling to one side. She's probably not sitting down at the bottom of it, right in the center.

The directions on http://www.taylormadetreasures.com are the best!

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03