Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Please help another Zolo virgin - I can't figure out Cradle Hold!

you are welcome! You might try kangaroo carry. If her head control is good, and she is leaning back against you, she might like it.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MiaPia Guest

Ok sling gurus - I succesfully carried Isabella in the snuggle hold for about 20 minutes until she started to fuss - but I think she just may have been hungry because she was rooting around like crazy! :)
    Anyway, I still need to practice because it wasn't really comfortable, and I was afraid she was going to tip out.

However, I have an unfortunate sling incident. Harrison (my toddler) somehow got ahold of my sling and did who knows WHAT to it. I don't know how he managed, but somehow the pocket was turned around facing inward! I tried to rethread it, but don't think I did it right. Now when I try to tighten just the top rail the whole thing tightens! Plus, it's all bunchy it the rings, despite the fact that I carefully pulled it through.
    HELP! Where can I find good directions on threading it? Also, where are each of the serged edges supposed to end up (the edges that you use to tighten the rails) - should they be in front of or behind the pocket? I tried each way and it still works funky.

Darn it - I want to be a good slinger too, but I'm just not having much luck!

Read Stephanie's post earlier in this thread about how to rethread a Zolo after you wash it and see if that helps.

I think the serged edges should be neither in front of nor behind the pocket. They have to be off by themselves so that when you pull them they adjust the rails alone. Hard to describe.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MiaPia Guest

Ok - DUH *slaps self in head* - I just re-read Stephanie's post, and it finally sunk in! LOL I *think* I have it this time! Isabella is napping in the bassinet right now, but as soon as she wakes up we're going to give the ol' sling a try again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2