Thread: AFP or ACP?

1ontheway Guest

Default AFP or ACP?

Hello all. I am not expecting my first child until January, but I like the idea of a sling. Based on reviews here, and budget, I'm leaning towards a pouch. I live in NC now, but expecting to move to SC shortly after baby is born. Either place, there are several weeks/months above 90. Would you go with the AFP or the ACP?

Christina

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: AFP or ACP?

I live in Virginia, and I can't imagine wearing a fleece pouch anytime between April and October! I know that many people don't seem to like the ACP as well as athe AFP, but I think that in the long run, you will find the ACP more useful. My favorite slings are simple cotton ones.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I only have the fleece pouch, so I can't make a comparison between the two, but I have to agree with Beth! I live in Baltimore and as much as I love my pouch, it was just too hot in the summer months, even with the air conditioning. I'm really looking forward to using it this fall and winter though. I think if you're in NC/SC cotton would be the way to go for maximum usability!

HTH,

1ontheway Guest

Thanks ladies! Guess I'll with the ACP to get the most bang for my buck!

Christina