DD and I have gone to swim class twice now and I definitely need to figure out a better system. Here's what happens...

I wear a big backpack with all of our gear. Then I strap DD to my chest in the Baby Bjorn. At almost 20 lbs. she's way to heavy for me to carry that way so I keep her in there only long enough to get our lightweight stroller on a bus. I must have her strapped to me on the bus because there's no other way I can keep both her and the stroller under control on the moving, crowded bus. By the time we get off, my shoulders and back ache so much I feel nauseous! I recover somewhat after I can unload DD into the stroller for the remaining few blocks we have to walk to the class but by the time we get there I almost feel like the whole trip wasn't worth it. And then I have to do it all over again on the way back;(. Last week I walked an extra mile home just to avoid the bus but that won't be as easy when the weather gets colder.

I'm thinking that a sling might be a better way to carry her, but maybe anything would be hard with the backpack. I'd really appreciate any recommendations...

I had so wanted to enjoy this class with her but now the whole experience is just miserable!

Thanks for any suggestions... (DD really loves the water :)...)