Default Maya Wrap Adjustable Baby Pouch

I am ready to venture out into the world of slings but I am not sure on what to get. Based on posts I have read I thought I would get a KKAFP and then maybe a Zolo later on. While looking at slings today I came across this pouch and I really liked the look of it.
    http://store.peppermint.com/maya-adjust-pouch.html
    Does anyone have this? Do you think the Zippers would be easier or harder than snaps?
    The things I liked were 100% cotton, comes with a video, and the price. Although I would be willing to pay more for a sling that is the most comfotable.
    What do you folks think? Thank you.
    *edited to ask: I really want something I can BF comfortably in. Is a pouch or sling a better choice?
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Default RE: Maya Wrap Adjustable Baby Pouch

I really like that new sling design! It seems like the least bulky design for an adjustable pouch that exists right now. Since I hardly ever adjust my KK fleece pouch, I don't think the ease of using the snaps or zippers would influence my choice. I do worry though that those zippers might dig into you when carrying a heavier child.

A ring sling is hands-down much easier than a pouch for breast feeding. While it is possible in the pouch, it's not the easiest. If that is of major importance, I'd lean towards a ring sling.

HTH,

A sling is better for breastfeeding than a pouch. Pouches are great for quick in and out, but a sling is more versatile. Even though that pouch is adjustable, it is not infinitely adjustable like a sling. You probably won't be able to get an exact fit to get the baby to the right level to breastfeed.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Thanks for the input. I thought about the zipper digging into the shouldar issue, and I'm going to call the site and ask someone about that. I also want to ask them when they are getting the new design in with a flap that covers the zipper. If I do purchase the pouch then I will post a review about it here. Then for a sling I will buy a cotton Zolo. I'm slowly breaking down DH, he is pretty hesitant about the price. :)
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

that is a great price for the prototype.

you can get the non-adjustable version at great prices now too since they are on clearance.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03