Default Is my 7month old too old for sling? If not, any recs?

I have an OTBH but have never figured out how to use it properly. Baby does not feel snug--the padding is awkward to use. Do you think my 7 month old is too old to be carried around in a sling? I usually hold him a lot, but the sling might be freeing. I also use a Bjorn, but that is limiting for him I think, and we can't cuddle. Also, I live in the Chicago area, so maybe a sling that can help keep him warm when we're outside? Your suggestions are most appreciated! Oh, I did have the video for the OTBH and played it several times and still couldn't get the hang of it--so I need something simple!!!! LOL!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Is my 7month old too old for sling? If not, any recs?

Too old? Absolutely not! I use a sling for Colin anytime we go out without the stroller (even when grocery shopping I prefer it to putting him in the cart) and plan to do so for as long as he will let me hold him. We use the hip carry position, and sometimes I swing him around to the tummy-to-tummy position. The sling is great because it keeps baby close to you and in your arms (thus happy) but takes the weight off of your arms and distributes it nicely across your torso. I can carry Colin for quite a while in a sling but not very long at all without a sling.

For ease of use, try an adjustable pouch. You can get them at www.mom-and-me-creations.com and www.kangarookorner.com. You'll want the pouch snug so that baby is held very close to you, but with the multiple snap settings, that shouldn't be a problem (as long as you order the right size).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default RE: Is my 7month old too old for sling? If not, any recs?

I second the advice for an adjustable fleece pouch. It will be warm and cozy and easy to use.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03