Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: I have a toile sling...

Yes, when I adjust the sling, I seldom touch the bottom rail. I generally only tighten and loosen the top rail. But I will try re-threading it and see if that helps.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

cinrein Guest

Default RE: What to do about Zolo?

I don't find the Zolo to be hands-free at all! I continually have to keep re-tightening it when I'm wearing Anna. Since I seem to be in the minority with this problem, what am I doing wrong?

Beth, I think 3 mos is long enough to get used to a sling. From what I've read, you've used slings before and are not a novice. IMO, it's time to say it's not working for you and move on. Life is too short to struggle with things like slings!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Calmegja Guest

I'd rethread it. Take the whole thing apart, and then rethread it. You really shouldn't have to adjust it more than once per ride. That's the biggest difference I've noticed with slings other than a Maya......

And I agree....if it's not working, Bethm move on to what makes you both happy, and you seem to be a pouch pro, so go with that..... ;-)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just thought I'd update! I re-threaded the sling using the directions that Stephanie provided and it is working MUCH better for me now. I thought I had it smooth enough in the rings, but apparently not.

I still wouldn't call it easy to adjust, but it is much easier now!

Thanks all!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

susabusa Guest

Default yay! I'm so... (M)

Glad that this is working better for you. Yipee!

Stephanie

Default RE: Beth--making a fleece pouch sling

To answer Beth's question...
    Yes! You are correct! It sounds very confusing when you throw in all the "crosswise/lengthwise" jargon ;) But yes--the majority of the "stretch" should be going crosswise, other wise Sarah will be sagging down to your knees :) Let me know how it turns out!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4