Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What to do about Zolo?

OK ladies, I am just not feeling the Zolo love. I've had my cotton toile Zolowear sling since August. I exchanged a medium for a small, and the small size works much better for me than the medium. But after trying Amy's (daisymommy) Maya Wrap this weekend, I instantly fell in love with it!

Here's my thing with the Zolo. It is so daggone hard to adjust. I can usually get it adjusted to where I want it pretty easily, but I have a hard time getting it loose to get DD out quickly. In comparison, the Maya seemed to glide through the rings.

I have washed the Zolo and I used fabric softener. That helped, but not a lot.

Am I just spoiled by my super simple cotton pouch? Am I just a pouch girl at heart? Thoughts on how I can make this sling work for me? I really WANT to love it....
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: What to do about Zolo?

Hmmm... I have a pretty easy time getting it loose and getting Colin out. I have the natural cotton (which I think is lighter weight than the cotton toile). To loosen the sling, I just lift up on the ring that is on top; if I want to just loosen the top rail, I lift the ring closer to the edge of the top rail. The fabric slides through pretty easily.

Now, on my Solarveil sling, the fabric does not slide as easily. The rings are smaller, and I haven't washed it yet, not sure which is the reason.

Does anyone close to you have a lighter weight cotton Zolo that you could try? If not, you can come visit your brother and swing by to try mine!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Alas, my brother and his wife just jumped ship and moved to Providence, RI!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

gremlin44 Guest

>In comparison, the Maya seemed to glide
    >through the rings.

I started with a Maya Wrap and went to a Zolo cotton sling.

My problem with the Maya is that mine glided through the rings TOO easily. I'd put my DS in it in the kangaroo position to go shopping...and I'd spend the entire trip tightening and retightening the rails. Same with the hip carry.

So, while I admit my Zolo is harder to adjust, I'm thrilled by the fact that it stays put. I put it on, put DS in, tighten, and then I don't have to fidget with it anymore. Love that!

lizamann Guest

Shoot, I wish I could help you, but I don't LOVE mine either (though I still like it - great for going to dinner when I won't be walking a ton because it's so darn pretty). I am able to adjust mine by wiggling the upper ring, but the shoulder is still not the comfiest I own. OTOH, I do really love my Maya(s). Maybe you just need to buy yet another sling! (I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear.)

Calmegja Guest

I agree with Gremlin. The Zolo is a tighter adjust, but I like that, because then it stays put better than a Maya. I was forever rethreading and repositioning the Maya, even when I would put it on as textbook perfectly as one can. Those rings were just slippery little suckers....

It took me a bit to trust that the Zolo was going to stay put, and to get it positioned right, but once I did, I find I don't have much need to adjust it at all, ever, so I don't care if it's a tougher adjust, because frankly, I hardly ever do it.... ;-)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ack! That's where my brother and his wife are - maybe we need to meet up there! LOL
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Au contraire, my dear! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! LOL!!!!! :) :) :)

But I wear my DD so tight, I can't get her out of the sling without loosening it at least a little bit. And I can get it tight no problem. Its getting it loosened after I have tightened it. Actually I leave the bottom rail alone, its just the top rail that tighten and loosen.

Calmegja Guest

Do you lean forward as you loosen it, to shift Sarah's weight out so that her weight works with you as it loosens?

That's what helps me, and lets me be able to loosen quickly. It does take more effort than a Maya, but I'll take a little more trick to my loosening to have the security from non-slippage that I get with the Zolo, or my KK sling (I have to do the same thing with it).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast