Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Those with fleece pouches

I love the colors & material of your cotton pouch. It looks great & so easy. And when did you get a Maya :)

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

LOL! About 2 days after I tried on Amy's at the zoo, I started watching an eBay auction for one. It came last week. I got it for $25. It was actually kind of hard to find an auction for a small. I checked recent auctions and there was only 1 small out of about 30 auctions, so when this one came up, I snagged it!

It is truly a beautiful sling, and I find it very, very comfy!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Heres my opinion:

Sewing with knits makes me cry it's so hard :( The fabric slips through the foot plate, the thread doesn't "catch" half the time so it skips all over, and the fabric stretches so much it's hard to get a good fit. Unless you are an experienced seamstress, please don't stress yourself out with knit fabric!

Twill fabric (especially with stretch to it) is very soft once it has been washed. Use some fabric softener (like Downy unscented), and it gets even softer. Sure, it's not like knit, but it has to be more firm and strong to work well in holding a baby.

I would NOT use calico or muslin fabric unless you double it. It will tear out thru the stitches after a little while. There is regular cotton fabric that you can use only one thickness of. Ask the nice people at your fabric store to help you find some suitable for carrying a baby in.

Happy To Help,
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Too funny! Glad you found your Maya. Looks like there will be more show & tell at the next get together. You guys have been a great and bad influence on me. Since the zoo I've bought 2 slings & a bugaboo :)

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3