colleen95 Guest

Default Best sling for bf'ing, baby wearing a newborn

I know that there have been lots of threads about this already, so I apologize in advance for rehashing this topic, but can anyone give me sling recommendations?

I want a sling that's comfortable to wear around the house, and that I can breastfeed in. I'd like to be able to use it as soon as I bring baby home (this December). So far I'm looking at the KKAFP and KK padded sling (supposedly better for bf'ing). They're pretty expensive, and can't be put on a registry, so I really want to get one I love the first time! I'm thinking about getting the KKPS, then making a fleece pouch sling for dh to use once baby is home so I can measure it just right.

Default RE: Best sling for bf'ing, baby wearing a newborn

Breastfeeding a newborn in any sling is not easy. It's much easier with older babies who can hold their head up and find the breast on their own.

Ring slings are easier to breastfeed in, because you can raise or lower the baby to the right level. If you mainly want it for breastfeeding in, and those are your two options, get the padded sling.

The fleece pouch is the easiest sling to use with a newborn. Just pop him in and you're set. But I never could breastfeed her in it when she was a newborn.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03