Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jade729 Guest

Default RE: What's the best???

I had a Baby Bjorn for my DD and encountered the same problems as some of the posters in this thread. My DD did not like it when she was very small and by the time she was 15 lbs. it hurt my back.
    I really wish I had bought a sling back then, especially since my daughter had colic. I did not do any research on carriers or slings a couple of years ago with my first pregnancy. I recently sold my Baby Bjorn on ebay and purchased a Zolo sling for baby #2 who is due any day now. After reading the message boards here for a couple of weeks I decided I wanted another sling as a back up and just purchased the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. I would definitely recommend that you check out www.kangarookorner.com because they rate many slings and pouches there and tell you all of the advantages and disadvantages of them. There are so many different carriers/slings out there so you should definitely read the archives here and check out the ones that best suit your needs.

Marissa Guest

I have to put in a word for a Hug a Bub. It's an obscure carrier - made in Australia - but has been an absolute lifesaver for my family. It's a front carrier, like Bjorn, but has none of the back problems, and you can use it with a much heavier child. I wear my son all day (including right now), and it has made my life MUCH easier. He sleeps well, is snuggled in, and my hands are truly free.

The main differences between it and the Bjorn are that there are no snaps or hooks on the Hug a Bub - it's a long (LONG) piece of jersey material that wraps around you. Also, because your baby is wrapped onto your body, the weight distribution is much better; translation: no back problems. The straps can be broadened across the shoulders to further reduce back strain.

Just a great product. People stop me on the street all the time to ask about it, because my son looks so comfortable in it! I don't even use my stroller when we're out.

Good luck!

I have heard good things about the ergo and the kozy carrier http://www.geocities.com/kozycarrier/ . Just another mix in the world of complication.
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

FYI, neither of these carriers can be used with a newborn. Both require that the infant have good head control first.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

thx for letting me know. i m awfully tired. :(
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Aww!!! We've all been there!!!! It really does get better soon!!!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3