Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mommyj Guest

Default I got my Mom and Me!!!

I got my Mom and Me pouch last week and I love it so far! I got a black one with silver trim, and it looks really good with all of my clothes. DS loves it too. He snuggled in it and fell asleep right away. I really like the way the shoulder is a bit slimmer. It makes it easier to maneuver while out shopping.
    I had it shipped to Arizona, where I was visiting my parents, and it was comfortable even in the heat. I had borught my Zolo and Rebozo as well (I didn't bring my KKAFP, because I knew it would be too hot), but I ended up only using my MAMC pouch.
    Anyway, I just wanted to post a little 1 week review. If my opinion changes later, I'll be sure to send in an update.
    Also, I wanted to say that Jen has really good customer service. I sent her a ton of questions before ordering, and she was really patient and helpful.

Default RE: I got my Mom and Me!!!

Pictures please! I should be getting mine next week! I'm so excited; I reload the order status page at least every three hours or less corresponding to my bf schedule.

Great to hear you like it!
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

mommyj Guest

I did the same thing until she posted the date mine would ship. It's worth the wait! I didn't take any pictures, but I might if I have time in the next few days.
    What color did you order?

I got the natural. I got the one with the different colored trim.

I am a little worried though. On the Babywearing board on Yahoo! most if not all people seem to prefer the KKAFP. Please give me assurance.
    Megulis

mommyj Guest

I'm sure you'll love your MAMC pouch. The hemp is nice because it's a bit cooler, so you can wear the pouch even when it's warm out. That's especially true of a light color like the natural. Also, I wouldn't worry about more people preferring the KKAFP. I have both, and I like both of them even though they're slightly different. As long as you and your baby are comfortable, that's all that matters. KWIM. I think it's a matter of finding what works for you. I'd read a bunch of positive reviews of the OTSBH before ds was born, so I bought one and HATED it.
    Also, if you really don't like your pouch you can always return it, but my guess is you'll love it!

Thank you for your reassurance. :) I am glad you like both. I think I like the design of the MnM better. I might be wrong, but I like the two row snap of the MnM to the one row snaps of the AFP.

What ring slings do you have?
    Megulis

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I got to look at one of these last week, and I thought it was a very nice sling. I don't think you'll be disappointed. But it is true that a carrier that works for one person may not work for you.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mommyj Guest

The only ring sling I have is a silk Zolo. I decided to splurge, and I'm glad I did. The fabric is gorgeous and it's a really comfortable sling.

Calmegja Guest

I know I sound like a broken record, but the hemp fleece weave is a tighter weave than than the fleece weave of the AFP. In theory, polyester fleece would actually be more breathable than hemp fleece.

So, whatever design suits you the best is what's paramount, but as far as saying that hemp fleece will be cooler than polyester fleece, I think, because of that fabric composition, that's probably a little misleading.

Remember, athletes use polyester fleece for it's wicking and coolness properties, whereas hemp fleece is sweatshirt fleece, which is used to keep heat in. Also, polyester fleece has more give in it than hemp fleece, and there is some question about the fabric's ability to rebound repeatedly.

There are times where babywearing is a hot proposition, no matter what the materials/composition of the sling are. Any time you've got two bodies attached, there's going to be heat generated.

Where I'm using a mesh sling or a fleece sling, when it's 95 degrees out, we're both going to sweat, thanks to basic human physiology. I might sweat more in a fleece sling, but we're going to be hot, wither way.

All right, off of box, back to your regularly scheduled programming. It absolutely comes down to the sling that's right for you, and the design that works the best for you, but I don't think it's a fair factor to use the heat factor between the pouches, because I think there isn't the advantage to hemp fleece that's being bandied about.

mommyj Guest

My statement that hemp is cooler is based on my own experiences with both fabrics, and not on which one is theoretically more breathable. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone; I was merely stating my opinion based on how hot/cool my baby and I are in both pouches. I'm not interested in becoming involved in the whole pouch debate that keeps coming up on the boards. I have both, and I like them both.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast