Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Grace_underfire Guest

Default RE: Just out of curiosity. Are your DH's into baby wearing as well?

My Dh will wear Jack in public on a sling. We are getting a Bjorn mainly for him.. but he also wants to wear the zolo we are about to order. We tried a zolo and he ended up trying it for longer than I did and got DS to fall asleep in it. He was wearing Jack in a Corner Bakery with a Toile Zolo. We will probably get the natural one but he woudl even use the Toile if I would want that one.

I think he would wear DS in just about anything because he wants to do EVERYTHING I do with DS except for breastfeeding ;) He is an awesome daddy!

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a baby bjorn that DH has tried but baby doesn't quite like it yet. I have a pouch that we all seem to like and DH has worn it out in public. I have thought of getting dh a fleece pouch for x-mas but haven't made any decisions yet.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

My DH loves to wear our 15 month old DS in a KK Fleece Pouch. I bought him his very own in navy blue with black trim. It looks very "manly" ;) He will even wear it out in public (which he always said he would never do--but now that Josh weighs 25lbs., his arms can't take carrying him.) He also likes my Rosado sling. It is a ring sling with a sewn closed tail. Very much like an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder, but less bulky. However, he won't wear it in public, because he says it looks too feminine. He also will not wear an open tailed sling (like a Maya Wrap or Zolo) in public, but will use it if Joshua is fussing to be held, and his pouch and Rosado sling aren't around. I think open tailed slings have more of a flowy feminine look to them, and thats why most men don't like them very much.
    For what it's worth, my dH always said he wouldn't be caught dead wearing a sling, no matter how much he loved our DS. He said he woudl rather just carry him in his arms. But our DS ended up very colicy and needy, and DH realized that slings are a saving grace to tired parents!

KK Fleece Pouch:
    http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_shop..._custom.shtml#

Rosado Sling:
    http://www.rosadosling.com/
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mugs Guest

i love that your 12yo wears the baby. i would love a pic of that. must just warm your heart :)

hilary (who has only posted a couple of times and just came by to see what was up here)

bjorn, bjorn, bjorn. most sling users don't like them, but i do. i have a new native sling, a baby bjorn and a kelty ridgeline backpack. dh was SO crazy for the bjorn. and now he is even MORE in love with the backpack. the backpack is my fav, too. but i love my sling for running errands. dh wore the bjorn at the grocery store all the time, doing housework, on walks, trying to get him to sleep...
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

I bought DH a hotsling and he has used it around the house a few times and he liked it. I keep telling him that now that Ryan is a little older and seems to do really well in the hip carry he needs to try again. I am going to get another sling (I have a Zolo and a hotsling) and thought I would show DH my huge folder of slings to look at and let him choose his own now that he knows he likes them. There are some sites that show men wearing them so that might help if you show him some on-line. There was one on that show Nip Tuck (on the FX channel) with the main character wearing one and Beth (egoldber on the boards) found it online....http://www.rockinbabysling.com/
    Mom to R and R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2