Default What do you do in the rain?

I've been carrying my baby either in her Baby Bjorn or AFP to walk our dogs. But our rainy season has now started. Does anyone wear their baby when it's raining and use something besides an umbrella?

Default RE: What do you do in the rain?

Rain coat perhaps? I wear my pouch and wear a coat over it for the cold weather, and I was thinking that you could wear a rain coat. I'd zipper it to under his chin but still have his head inside your coat and make sure he could breath in there.
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just an umbrella has worked great for me with a Bjorn. YOu just angle it a little forward. I suppose the baby's legs could get a little wet if it's really rainy and blowing around, but in that case you would try to get inside as soon as possible anyway.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When I used the Bjorn, I wore a pullover, hooded, waterproof jacket (flannel on the inside, PUL outside), and a baseball cap under the hood. Nate stayed warm and dry under the jacket (and it tented enough that he could breathe easily) and I stayed mostly dry with the cap's brim shielding most of the rain.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss