suribear Guest

Default My Baby Bjorn broke!!

I was carrying ds in it (he's around 17 lbs. ?? and 8 months) and I noticed something looked funny, so I looked down and it looked as if I'd forgotten to do the top snap. Actually, the material that holds the snap tore from the main frame!! Good thing I had the back-up snap on or he'd have fallen out!

Just another reason to always use all the safety features. I emailed the company. we'll see what they do..

Kris

sugarsnappea Guest

Default RE: My Baby Bjorn broke!!

This happened to me with the older snap version. My snaps unsnapped while walking. I can't believe yours actually detached from the fabric. Bjorn was extremely easy to deal with and sent me a brand new one after they inspected mine and found it defective. I had no receipt either. I hope they are as accomodating to you!

suribear Guest

Since it's three years old and they have a two year warranty, I have to send it in and they will examine it and give me options. Basically I would pay for a replacement at a reduced cost. I think he said $20. Or I would pay for individual parts. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle, though..

He didn't seem too concerned that it happened, which I found rather interesting.

Kris

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

>He didn't seem too concerned that it happened, which I found
    >rather interesting.

I'm not all that surprised because (a) the Bjorn has been redesigned 3 times since they used snaps and (b) the snaps on the top are more for holding younger babies steady and in. Once your baby reaches a certain age/height/weight, you can snap the top foldover part under your baby's arms or, as I've seen a lot of people do, just leave it unsnapped altogether.

I think it's pretty cool that they offered to look at if for you though!
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

suribear Guest

I still find it disturbing. What if he had been an infant who didn't have head support yet?

I wouldn't feel comfortable using it without the top snaps.

Kris