McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Has anyone dried their Hotsling in the dryer?

I got my new Hotsling yesterday and it fits perfectly. I washed it last night and it's hanging dry now. But it's a little crunchy. So I was wondering if anyone has dried theirs in the dryer and if it shrunk or not. I read Sonia's post that hers shrunk but Kristen said it shouldn't have so I was curious of other people's experiences. Now that I've found my perfect fit I don't want to chance it.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nitaghei Guest

Default RE: Has anyone dried their Hotsling in the dryer?

Allison,

Do you have a cotton one? I have dried mine in the dryer, and it's been fine. What I've found is that mine stretches (even the cotton one, not just the fleece one) over several uses, and putting it in the dryer gets it back to the original size and fit. And I dry on hot, too!!

HTH

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

nohomama Guest

If you're concerned about shrinkage, line dry the sling then pop it into the drier with a damp wash cloth for 5 or 10 minutes. That'll soften it up.

lizamann Guest

My cotton one didn't shrink in the drier.

sweetbasil Guest

Allison,
    Mine was fine when dried in the dryer- I always tumble dry low all things related to the baby, so that's how this was dried, too.

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all. I think I'm going to go with the hang dry/drier with a wet washcloth approach at first. The when I get lazy, toss it in the drier with my other stuff. I always dry on low heat so I'm hoping it won't shrink.

The material is the burgundy floral which is a cotton/lycra blend. But to tell you the truth I never would have guessed there was lycra in it.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03