anuta Guest

Default First baby; sling-type carrier for DH?

My DH is asking for a sling-type thing, so that when he is watching our baby (due in 6 wks) he can wear her on his chest and do his work at the same time (computer).

He is 6'1", wide shoulders. I was thinking of getting a Maya wrap pouch. I have no experience with slings or carriers, and the pouch just seems easier to use. I am afraid of user error or him squishing the baby unadvertently.

Do you think it will work? What are other good options or recommendations?

lizamann Guest

Default RE: First baby; sling-type carrier for DH?

How about the kangaroo korner adjustable fleece pouch (kkafp)? That's probably the easiest and will probably be more comfortable than the Maya pouch, which I haven't tried but am curious about.

http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_shop..._custom.shtml#

Personally, next time around I would get a Hugabub with a newborn, but they take a lot more learning in the beginning. http://cottoncradles.com/hugabub.htm

And I wouldn't worry too much about your hubby squishing the baby - when was the last time you heard about that on the news? They are a lot smarter than we give them credit for sometimes (though my dh did just come back from the store with crisped rice when I asked him to pick up some rice cereal for baby...)

toomanystrollers Guest

I have no experience with a Maya wrap pouch. However for ease of use and comfort, I would suggest a Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch (providing you don't live a hot climate) or a hemp pouch from Mom and Me creations. When dd was a newborn, she would literally sleep for hours in it.

www.kangarookorner.com

HTH

My son and my husband both use the Maya Pouch. My husband wouldn't touch the KKAFP, and my son tried it and said it was too hot and too restrictive.

So they each picked out a Maya Pouch and they are happy with how simple it is.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

anuta Guest

Thank you all for advice.

I looked at the kangaroo pouch; it does seem a bit bulky in the pictures.

Karen, do you have an adjustable Maya wrap pouch? It seems on their website that its a new design, but I am not sure how new... The colors are definitely great for DH's taste.

no I have the non-adjustable one. If you get one that is the right size, it's no big deal. I never adjust my KKAFP, once I got it snapped to the right size.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03