Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    parkersmama Guest

Default RE: Can only buy one more carrier--Kozy, MnM, other?

I don't have a MnM (although I *do* think they are gorgeous!) but I have a KKAFP that I really love. It's very comfortable and cozy. For some reason, dd doesn't like dh to carry her in it so it's turned out to be for me only.

I have a Kozy that I received a week or two ago. I really love it, too! One of the biggest pluses for it is that it would definitely fit both of you easily. The straps are plenty long enough. I don't find that the straps dig in very much at all. It's actually a very comfortable carrier. I do think that my dd is a little bit lost in it when I do a back carry...she has trouble peeking out! But, if I roll up the fabric a little at the bottom before putting it on, it helps. I think that this carrier will be better and better the bigger she gets. It does put her to sleep right away! :)

HTH!

nitaghei Guest

Default RE: Can only buy one more carrier--Kozy, MnM, other?

I have not been able to use my OTSBH comfortably - after many, many attempts I just gave up. Not one of the better slings, IMO. I just ordered a ring sling from Rev. Jan - so we'll see how it goes.

I LOVE my MnM pouch - it's super comfortable for both DS and me (and I have upper back issues) - and my cocker's hair doesn't stick to it - much (the PWD is non-shedding).

And for the price, I love my non-adustable pouchs from www.hotslings.com. I have 2 - a cotton and a Malden Mills fleece. The cotton one is great to keep in the diaper bag - very small. But it has no rails, so I use it for very quick trips only. The fit for a non-adjustable pouch has to be just right for it to work, though!

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

sarahfran Guest

Default I did it!

Well, I'm pleased to report that I will soon be the owner of a MnM pouch. I bought one this morning from the in stock list. Poor Jen...I asked her tons of questions before finally buying one. I got the Maroon with Midnight Magic. I was lusting after the Maroon with Chinese Peony she had up yesterday, but couldn't get my paypal connection to work (I was at the office...seems that they disabled the link so people couldn't shop from work...the nerve!).

I'm terrible about buyer's remorse... I've started thinking I should have saved $$ by buying a natural one when she puts them up... or that maybe I would like red violet better... or that the Midnight Magic thread won't match my mostly black wardrobe... Can any of you put my doubts to bed by telling me that natural stains too easily, that Chinese Peony is really ugly, that red violet is a hideous color in person...

Neurotically yours,
    -Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: I did it!

Good for you Sarah!

You will love the maroon... my maroon pouch is sitting right next to me now... don't know about natural or red violet, but you will love the maroon!

Don't worry about the buyers remorse... when it gets there, you will forget it all! I actually couldn't decide between maroon and red wine, so I let my MIL choose and "surprise me" for Christmas... and I'd forgotten that until now! I think she thought that since I already had a navy KKAFP, I needed something brighter that would not clash with DD's mostly pink wardrobe (which I am slowly converting to less pink). but I love it!

Enjoy!
    Karen
    Mom to Catherine, 8/6/03

sarahfran Guest

Karen,
    What color are the snaps on your maroon pouch? I have to choose...

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Had to go look... they are black.
    Just remembered, one of our pregnant BBers posted a pic of her maroon pouch with midnight magic thread and it looked great... she was really happy with it though I haven't seen her post lately... if you look at her second pic (detail one) it looks very close in color to my pouch.

Here's the thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

sarahfran Guest

Thanks. I just read my way through the whole thread. Isn't it wild how excited we all get about the pouches? Hers is really pretty. Funny, her words made me nostalgic for the anticipation you feel when pregnant. Pregnancy wasn't fun for me, so I was surprised.

OK...I shared my color concern with Jen and she's going to send me a maroon with chinese peony, which was my first choice. I'm psyched. I wear so much black that the black/maroon/silver will be a nice accent. I do like the Midnight Magic, but I think CP is more me.

Thanks for letting me know about your snaps. I need to let Jen know what color I want. I assume you're happy with the black? Silly, I know... you probably don't pay much attention after you've had it for a while! I debated maroon snaps but Jen said they're not exactly a match to the fabric. Maybe i'll go black.

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Hee hee... I wasn't going to say anything, but I have the chinese peony and it is beautiful... and goes well with black (including the snaps). I also have a TON of black but have not been wearing it as much as DD still spits up a ton!

But, I can't say I really thought much about the snaps, as MIL chose them for me.... hooray for my MIL!

I know what you mean about pregnancy... I had a relatively smooth pregnancy, but I am sooo happy not to be pregnant now, lack of sleep and all. Let's just say I never "glowed." But it is very exciting...

And I don't think it's silly at all to be excited about the pouch! Wait until you see how many people stop you to ask you where you got it...

sarahfran Guest

You know, I had a sneaky feeling that you had CP but didn't want to make me feel bad by telling me. Well, thanks for that. It probably would have made me very jealous. Glad to hear you love it!

Too funny that you said you didn't glow during pregnancy. A couple of nights ago I was working on a scrapbook of all the photos we've taken since before Dyl was born. There is one hideous one of me caught off guard at about 8.5 months--I look so puffy and miserable (which of course I was), and the caption I wrote next to it was "whoever said women glow during pregnancy hadn't met me."

Those glowers are probably also the women who are able to get back in their pre-preg jeans shortly after leaving the hospital.

Now don't tell me you did that... I really will be jealous!;-)

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

nitaghei Guest

Sarah,

I could get into my pre-preg jeans the day after DS was born - but that's because I was throwing up all nine months, and gained a total of 12 pounds. And so no, I did not "glow" at any point - had a miserable, miserable pregnancy.

But - you will love your MnM pouch! I got a natural, and still sort of wish I'd sprung for the marigold I really wanted.

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast