Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sarahfran Guest

Default Can only buy one more carrier--Kozy, MnM, other?

OK, I know this type of question has been posted because I've now read my way through all the threads back to November. But I'm really torn and would love some advice. Here's my scene: DS is now 16 lbs (5 months). We loved the Bjorn for the first few months, but have found it heavy/restrictive for him now. We tried a ring sling that we received several times and DS complained heartily and I was uncomfortable (I was in a car accident years ago and my neck has never been the same--it gets stiff really easily).

I'm entranced with the idea of an MnM pouch. I've read all the great things everyone has written about them and love the colors, etc. However, I'm intimidated by the fact that DS and I both had troubles with the other sling... and if I do order an MnM, do dog hairs adhere easily (will drive my color choice)?

Kozys look great too... love the fabric choices, and the style is more Bjorn like (feels familiar). I've wondered about the weight distribution on the fabric straps, however. Do they dig in?

DH and I will both want to use the new carrier--he's 6'1", I'm 5'6".

>sigh< So many carriers, such a little budget.

Any advice would be most appreciated!:)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Can only buy one more carrier--Kozy, MnM, other?

What kind of ring sling did you try? There are some pretty bad ones out there, so the problem may have been with the sling and not so much with you. Also, if you were wearing the sling up near your neck, that could cause the problem. Most slings - ring and pouch - are made to be worn on the shoulder (ball of the shoulder).

I don't have dog hair problem with the Mom & Me, but it also depends on the type of dog you have (some hair adheres differently than other hair).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sarahfran Guest

I just checked...it's an "Over the Shoulder Baby Holder," is that one of the bad ones? I tried to use it on the ball of my shoulder, but maybe I didn't have it positioned correctly. I guess DS and I should give it a try again before we commit to another.

Our dog is a lovely mix of Sheltie/Border Collie.

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

The fur of our Golden doesn't stick to the Mom & Me too badly (no worse than anything else LOL). I don't remember if the OTSBH is one of the bad ones, but it definitely isn't one of the best ones.
    Single mom to

DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

quikeye Guest

Unfortunately I don't have much advice (I've bought several pouches incl. the MnM & prolly will buy a kozy next, but not for a while since we're still waiting for ds' arrival!)-- but something to think about is if you need the carrier *now*... I think Kelley (kozycarrier.com) has a long waiting list from what I've read, over a month & a half? And no more custom pouches available for now from Jen @ MnM (though she has beautiful pouches in & out of her in-stock store).

Good luck w/ your choice, I know I can wait a while for a kozy since it's not really suitable for a newborn & it seems in a totally different category from a pouch, but don't know if you're able to wait? Equanimity baby has a new asian style carrier, and peppermint.com also carries one if you're leaning towards the asian carriers & need it *now*... :)

heidi_timms Guest

I really like the MnM! It's so comfortable and I have a bad back. I haven't tried a whole lot of slings, but I really believe in her design.

I haven't tried a ring sling, but I am going to order one from Rev. Jan I think. She sells ring slings for great prices at www.sleepingbaby.net.

~Heidi
    Mom to Kailey Ashlin
    4/27/03

lizamann Guest

I just got an e-mail from Kelley of Kozy fame since she's about to start on mine. She has hired a seamstress and hopes to be caught up in about a month, so after that things should go much more quickly.

macassi Guest

I don't think that is the right web site. It took me to someone who creates web space.

Just click on the link at the top to slings:

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/slings.html
    Single mom to

DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

toomanystrollers Guest

Can you buy only one - not around here :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast