Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: I did it!

Ooof, Nita, sorry it was so rough on you... thanks for giving me some perspective as you would have been someone I was so jealous of in new mommy classes....
    I gained the fairly normal 35 lbs but had trouble walking the last month as my pelvic bone was trying to split apart (for real)... so i was "nesting" around the house on my hands and knees. I had a loit of nausea during and after my labor so they gave me a lot of IV fluids when I couldn't eat or drink... so when I got home, instead of losing the 15 lbs I had heard about (with baby, placenta, fluid, etc), I was horrified to find that I had only lost 6 lbs! And DD was 6'15"!!!!

I finally got into my jeans last week.... and found them a bit worn so I went online to buy new ones and fiound that jcrew doesn't make them anymore.... aaaaargh (now only $85-95!!!!).

Karen
    PS: nita, what is PWD?

votre_ami03 Guest

Sarah, You will be so happy with your M&M pouch. I have had mine since Nov & can't believe I went so long w/out it. I can tell you though, one will not be enough! lol! You will be thinking about your next color combo soon after you receive the 1st one.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

sarahfran Guest

No kidding about perspective! Sounds like you both had it really rough. I was just miserable under the extra 40 lbs and with nasty heartburn. I think I actually had it easy.

Congrats on getting back into your jeans! I'm back into my "fat" jeans from prepreg but not my reg jeans. The rest of me seems to be thinning down, but the belly is hanging on. I've heard that you lose another 5 lbs when you stop BFing, I hope that's true.

Is PWD Portugese Water Dog? If so, I've always wanted one. I think because I really want a poodle (had a wonderful mini poodle that was tragically killed by a car-- husband says real men don't have poodles, so he's made them off limits) and I've told myself that a Port W Dog would be similar in intelligence and spirit.

Thanks for the encouragement about the pouches. I'm afraid that I probably will be lusting for others very soon. Did you see the redviolet with midnight magic up on the instock page today? Very pretty!
    -Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

sarahfran Guest

Incidentally, do you think there's any reason to also buy an inexpensive ring sling from Rev Jan? There's one for about $12 I could get... but don't want to be over the top on this, what with being new to sling-ing and all.

The paypal acct is on DH's e-mail, so he has full visibility into my spending habits, if you KWIM. Feel like I need to justify my purchases.
    -Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

nitaghei Guest

Default OT: Portuguese Water Dogs

Yes, PWD is Portuguese Water Dog. They are the most fabulous dogs - but VERY high maintainence. They needs lots of attention, lots of exercise and lots of grooming. Well, actually the grooming's never seemed like a big deal to me, because I already had a cocker - talk about high maintainence!! :)

PWDs are really smart - I know of PWDs that can defeat child-safety locks, open refrigerators, turn on faucets in the bath tub. There is one PWD that is an urban search and rescue dog - was in NY after 9/11. I actually think they are higher energy and can be more hardheaded than Poodles - but have a similar sense of humor. I think real men at least have standard Poodles - but I do understand!! Maybe you should point out that standards were sporting dogs, and the national Poodle Club now offers working (and field) titles (I think).

And it was DH who wanted the PWD (cockers are and will always be my first love, and I was campaigning for a second cocker) - but I've fallen in love with PWDs as well. The PWD community is terrific - very responsible breeders, on the whole, and a national club that takes its responsibility to the breed seriously. Which is a wonderful change from the cocker world! My PWD has been fabulous with Neel, which I didn't expect, because she's a re-home from an abusive situation. I still wouldn't necessarily recommend a PWD puppy and a toddler together - it would be too demanding on Mom!

And I have not checked out the MnM Instock Page for 2 days - I am so proud of myself!!

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

votre_ami03 Guest

For $12, I would. They are totally different. ;) I love my M&M, but I am truly interested in a 2nd carrier in a different colr or maybe a pattern (looking at Hot slings too). I think you can justify it. Plus, it may by nice to have one for the car & one for the house. I tend to leave my M&M in th car, but occassionally I do bring it in for housework. Nolan is very much a moma's boy, he won't let me get too far away. ;)

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

Default RE: OT: Portuguese Water Dogs

Wow! Here in San Francisco, they have a team of Portuguese Water Dogs that sometimes compete with the boaters to retrieve home run balls that have been hit out of PacBell Park into the Bay... they're very popular.

Good for you Nita, for not checking the Instock page... um... you
    _definitely_ would not want to check right now... ;)

nitaghei Guest

Default RE: OT: Portuguese Water Dogs

Ah yes - the B.A.R.K team! A couple of those people are on the PWD listserve I'm on.

And I guess that means there's another marigold pouch - isn't there?!

Notgoingthere.Notgoingthere.Notgoingthere.Notgoing there.

Nita
    mom to Neel 01/05/03
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Default RE: Marigold and new gorgeous autumn red...

the red one she just put up in the last 20 min or so...

I would tell you to stay strong, but I am also the one telling you what she has...

Sorry ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3