sbjf Guest

Default Best sling for a new mom/new baby?

I'm expecting my first in May and want to use a sling but I'm VERY uncoordinated! Can you recommend an easy sling to use? I'll also have a Baby Bjorn, if that matters. Any tips at all for a first time mommy/sling wearer will be much appreciated!!!!!!!! Thanks!!

Default RE: Best sling for a new mom/new baby?

The Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch is my favorite for a newborn (and new mommy!). It's easy to use and comfy for a newborn.

www.kangarookorner.com

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Best sling for a new mom/new baby?

Skip the Bjorn (awfully expensive for very limited use) and go straight to an adjustable pouch like the Mom & Me or KKAFP - they are VERY easy to use and soooo much more comfortable for a newborn!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

apfb Guest

Default I love my New Native organic cotton sling

Congratulations on expecting your first!

Check out www.newnativebaby.com for single piece (no rings, adjustments, etc...) baby sling. I have an organic cotton one which I love to use. Baby finds it very comforting, too. Check out the website for instructional videos on various ways to wear this sling. A lot of passerby's make comments about how comfortable and happy the baby looks in the sling.

sbjf Guest

Default RE: I love my New Native organic cotton sling

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the congrats! I think I'd like to order a reversible cotton/cotton or cotton/lycra sling from Hotslings, Kristen is a member of a board that I occasionally post on and I'd like to support her business. Do you think one of them would be suitable for someone like me? It doesn't seem to have any rings or anything complicated so I'm hoping it'll be easy enough for me, yet comfortable to wear/comfy for babe.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: I love my New Native organic cotton sling

Just make sure that it fits well (you won't know for a while since you're still pregnant) - that's one big disadvantage of nonadjustable pouches. If they don't fit just right, they are very uncomfortable!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009