Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: I don't know if I like my Moby!

Yeah, I was thinking I could put it on and leave it on, but maybe I should wait until my Kozy arrives before I start buying anything else ;). I was thinking of using it with either Emma facing out on the front or on my back because it looks pretty secure from the pics. On the peppermint site it says that you only use one tie for all carrying positions... this confused me because in the front carry with the baby facing out, it has you pulling the "pocket" up over the baby's legs after putting their legs through the "straps". Wouldn't you be missing the "pocket" if you tried to do this same thing with the baby on your back? I don't even know if that description makes sense.

Did you order yours from Peppermint? How is their return policy? I didn't see it on the site. If they don't accept returns, I would love to try yours! But I feel bad that you just got it - maybe I could try it at the next get-together. BTW, I think I'll be able to mail you that video today, so be on the lookout!

lynettefrancois Guest

I understand what you are describing, but does that mean it's easier to tie, easier to put baby in, or both? TIA! :)

papal Guest

It is easier to tie. :)
    It is just as easy to put baby in both ways, but i don't think you can put baby in forward-facing in the modified cross-carry but you can put the baby in forward facing and mommy-facing in the cross-carry that the Moby manual describes! :)

papal Guest

I ordered from www.baby-wearing.com. Anna has great CS. When i initially disliked my Moby I had emailed her and asked her about returns. Leela had spat-up on it the minute i took it out of the box so I was not sure if i washed it the return would be nullified. Anyhoo, she was sweet and said to send it back, no problems, she would find a way to sell it on ebay or something. I thought that was really nice of her. Also, i think it was $33 including shipping and that is the lowest price i found anywhere.

Regarding the one-position for all... hmmm.. well if you do the cross-carry they describe, you can have the baby facing-front, facing-mom and i think on your back. For the hip carry, the tie is different.. but it is very comfy. In the modified cross carry (X on front first and then X on back), you can do baby facing you but i have not yet figured out baby facing front... let me try it today and let you know.

This is the wrap cross carry (dont like too much)
    http://www.peppermint.com/wrapcrosscarry.htm
    This is the cross carry (like)
    http://www.peppermint.com/crosscarry.htm

Here is a link to all wrap style carries (not sure all can be used with a moby ).
    http://www.peppermint.com/girasolcarry.htm

lynettefrancois Guest

GREAT! I'm looking forward to seeing if facing front can be done with the easier tying method... If so I may order one to compare it with the Ergo I just ordered. But I just found out a Wilkinet does a face forward (the Ergo doesn't but looks easier to put on), so I may have to try that too! I'm having a *Carrier Catastrophe* ...Thanks for all the info!!! :)

Pkutniewski Guest

I have the moby and am returning it because my sons chest puffs out when I wear him forward facing (he looks like he is flying Superman style)! I can not get it tight enough for his back to lay flat against my chest. I am trading it in for the Ergo.
    Mom to Jack Henry 10/22/03

Thanks Rashmi, I actually went ahead and ordered one from Anna just now. I just figured I'd bite the bullet and give it a try - the simplicity of this design and the stretchy fabric really appeals to me. I also got the red - I think it looks so pretty, and yet, kind of chic, for a wrap! I'm definitely a red kind of girl anyway though - it's my favorite color ;)

I hope you're still liking yours and I'll let you know what I think when mine shows up. Somehow I'm wondering if all the couch time after my fall and not being able to hold Emma for a week and half has made me baby carrier crazy! It's all I've been thinking about the past couple of days!

Did you try Leela in a front carry yet? Am curious to know how you liked it?

And is it just me, or is the Moby almost exactly the same as the Hug-a-bub, minus the pocket in front and maybe with wider straps?

Pkutniewski Guest

I have a moby wrap in the natural color if anyone wants it. I will sell it for $26.00 (plus shipping which should be cheap by USPS as it weighs less than 2lbs). I used it once to try it on when I realized my sons chest just puffed out of it too much for my liking, although Jack was happy as a clam. I was going to trade it back to peppermint.com when I ordered the Ergo carrier but if anyone wants it just let me know!
    Mom to Jack Henry 10/22/03

lynettefrancois Guest

Aarrgh! The ergo hurts my ribcage (I'm soooo short-waisted). I've posted a thread to ask for suggestions...

papal Guest

Ooops.. i just saw this so sorry for the late reply. I think you are going to like it Laurie... and the red is really nice. These days i am buying everything in red.. it is my new fav colour too!

I have not tried Leela in the front carry (if you mean the cross-carry with her facing fwd.... let me try it in the evening and let you know).
    I think the HaB does not have tapered ends and is not as wide and has a pocket.. other than that i am not sure if it is any different (except the $$ ofcourse!). That is why i chose the Moby instead.

Laurie.. i totally understand how you mus be missing carrying Emma around.... make sure you are fully recovered before doing it though!! And thanks again for the yoga tape... i got it in the mail today!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast