aim is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default warmer weather babywearing

I currently have a MNM pouch which I love and works well with DS who is 2.5 months. When he is about 4 months we will be going to CA on vacation and I was wondering if there is another carrier that might be better than the MNM (DS seems to get quite hot and sweaty if it is even a little warm and I get quite hot wearing him) Suggestions?

Amy

votre_ami03 Guest

Default RE: warmer weather babywearing

I live in Phoenix & I use my Zolo a lot. It's cotton, but it is black. I do have a M&M too, but I haven't been using it lately. It has been in the 90's.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

kensjen Guest

I was going to mention the zolo too, or another cotton sling. There are many nice ones out there. I used my toile zolo every day last summer, well every day AFTER DS was born, LOL! And it wasn't too hot for either of us.

And by then, your DS will be able to be held in a few different ways, so he is not completely in the sling, KWIM? That will help both of you be a bit cooler.

And Christy, love the new (is it new) photo of Nolan, too cute!! And I am so jealous that your weather is in the 90's...I really live in the wrong place! I love summer, and want it to get here! LOL!

sbaker Guest

I would recommend a Rebozo. I started with a MnM, but lately I find myself reaching for my Rebozo more often. It is super light and cool. If you hold the fabric up you can see thru it, but its strong enough to hold my 2 year old.
    This is where I got mine:
    http://store.peppermint.com/rebozo-baby-sling.html
    I have the Arco Iris and it is beautiful!

Just my two cents...
    :) :+ :)
    Sara
    Mom to:
    Rayce 02/09/02
    Charlye 12/20/03