123metoo Guest

Default Baby Bjorn question!

i have a question about the bjorn that has been really bugging me. we have it and like it a lot. it helps for the fussy times. however, how in the heck does it get wider. you know how there are the long things you snap into the sides? what happens when the baby gets fatter? what about in all the magazines you see famous people carrying thier babies in there and the baby is wearing a snow suit! there is NO way i could fit my baby wearing something puffy in there. any thoughts cuz it's been driving me crazy! thanks!!

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Baby Bjorn question!

The pound limit on the Bjorn is only 25 pounds. My 26 pound son will not fit so I have to use the sling or stroller. Nevertheless we loved the Bjorn when our son was smaller- especially my husband. With the Bjorn it is a what you see is what you get situation. If you like the Bjorn idea for a bigger child try the sutami carrier. Most babies are gaining in length as fast or fast as the gain girth so it would be unlikely that a 20-25 pounder would be too round to fit. I do know parents who stopped using the carrier at 18 or so pounds but the babies are still fit into it- the parents just found it uncomfortable or a tight fit. Adjusting the straps correctly really helps- I see lots of parents with the straps crossed too hign on their back to be comfortable for longer periods.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.