Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    abczora Guest

Default HELP! need carrier right away :sutemi or ergo for front?

i like the front carry best, so i think i should get the sutemi, but am wondering if it's hot (summer in NYC)???? i thought that i'd get the ergo, but reading old posts makes me think it's better for tha back carry. my daughter is 21 weeks, and we've hit the bjorn limit.
    any thoughts -- help will be MUCH appreciated
    thank you!

lizamann Guest

Default RE: HELP! need carrier right away :sutemi or ergo for front?

I've been using a friend's Ergo lately and I love it for the back carry, but it's not that comfy for a front carry. It's certainly doable, but if I'm going to be carrying in the front for a long time I choose another carrier. The sutemi is really nice for a front carry (I tried another friend's once,too) but it is a very warm fabric - nice and soft, kinda like corduroy without ridges. That friend doesn't plan on using it in the summer. You can do a back carry in the Sutemi but it makes bionic boobs.

So I'm not much help, am I??

abczora Guest

>So I'm not much help, am I??

anything helps! i think i'll go ahead with the sutemi. i'm waiting for a kozy too, so when that comes i'll probably use it for the back carry because the whole bionic boob thing doesn't work for me.

thank you!

lizamann Guest

That sounds like a great plan! A super comfy front carrier (Sutemi), plus an awesome and CUTE front or back carrier (Kozy)! You'll be all set!

abczora Guest

yes, i hope so! :-)

i'm looking forward to getting them both -- my wrists, too -- they are killing me from all of the carrying! thanks for your help.

>That sounds like a great plan! A super comfy front carrier
    >(Sutemi), plus an awesome and CUTE front or back carrier
    >(Kozy)! You'll be all set!

Vajrastorm Guest

Maybe I'm weird, but I use the Ergo with Aine in the front carry every day, and don't find it uncomfortable.

Adding more confusion ...a large chested friend of mine found that the Ergo made her breasts stand out (in the back carry) while the Sutemi, because of the crossing straps, did not. I was there for the comparison, and can vouch for the "I've got BREASTS" effect of the Ergo back carry. (I'm small chested, so it isn't an issue for me)

What my friend did, and what you can do too, is order several things form Peppermint.com and try them on. She ordered a Sutemi, an Ergo, and a Didymos. She was going to return the 2 she didn't like as much, but I took the Ergo and another friend took the Didymos. :)

The Sutemi is soft, but it is more fabric than the Ergo. I tend to run hot, so that would be an issue for me.

lynettefrancois Guest

What about a wilkinet? I like my ergo, but it is more comfortable on me for back carry. I thought I read here that the wilkinet was best for front carry, and I've been wanting to try one!

DebHgn Guest

May I ask you? I'm debating between Ergo, Sutemi, and Kozy...

Does anyone know if Sutemi and Ergo using front carry can have baby facing both inward and outward, as in the Bjorn?

It sounds from posts as if Ergo is easier for back carry and smaller/lighter, but doesn't have the hip carry option, which the Sutemi does. Does anyone have experience with the hip carry? I would do this a lot...

If anyone has experience...I'm interested in how loading a young child alone on your back works for you with any of these products.

Is the Kozy strong enough? It seems to be basically fabric...

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

abczora Guest

Default got the sutemi...and am getting kozy

Hi,

I'm the original poster; my sutemi came yesterday, and it's great! Love it for the front carry. my daughter is very comfortable. someone asked about facing out -- you can't with the sutemi, and I don't think you can with the kozy, but I'm not sure. My Kozy should get here in a few weeks; I'll keep you posted! Thanks everyone, for the suggestions!

Default RE: got the sutemi...and am getting kozy

FYI: You can do a front carry with the kozy. It looks a little weird, but it is comfortable.
    Megulis
    Mother of 2 boys & girl, 9/03, 1/06, & 8/08

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast